LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looks like that time of the year again

http://www.landlinemag.com/todays_ne.../041707-03.htm

Dates set for CVSA Roadcheck 2007

It’s time to mark your calendars – the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance has announced June 5-7 as the dates for this year’s International Road check inspection blitz.

The annual clampdown on heavy trucks and buses will involve an estimated 10,000 federal, state and provincial officers doing roadside inspections across North America.

At last year’s Road check, about 8,500 certified CVSA inspectors in North America conducted 60,357 truck and bus inspections in 72 hours. Inspectors placed 5.6 percent of those drivers out of service, up from 4.4 percent in 2005. More than 57 percent of the cases where truckers were put out of service were because of hours-of-service violations, according to a report from CVSA.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Senior Board Member

If you are wise you will be well prepared for this 4 days ahead of time to 4 days afterwards. Some states run early and others run it a bit late.

Of course if you are really smart you are prepared for an inspection at any time.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
If you are wise you will be well prepared for this 4 days ahead of time to 4 days afterwards. Some states run early and others run it a bit late.
Yee ha, the 903.2 hour 72-hour blitz again!
Quote:
Of course if you are really smart you are prepared for an inspection at any time.
Hear hear!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:38 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

It doesnt matter how well prepared you are, friend of mine got warning ticket for his airlines ,,hanging too low'' in Iowa, even though he just purchased brand new truck with brand new,Great Dane, 53' dry van trailer......

In Texarana i got pulled over for my mudflaps flapping too much :roll: and almost got cited for the same,,airlines hanging too low'' crap so be carefull. I own a 2007 piece of equipment :roll: , it just doesnt matter !

If youre really smart you'll take a week off which i am planning to do and i own a prepass !!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Looks like that time of the year again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLUX
http://www.landlinemag.com/todays_news/Daily/2007/Apr07/041607.htm/041707-03.htm

It’s time to mark your calendars – the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance has announced June 5-7 as the dates for this year’s International Road check inspection blitz.

The annual clampdown on heavy trucks and buses will involve an estimated 10,000 federal, state and provincial officers doing roadside inspections across North America.

At last year’s Road check, about 8,500 certified CVSA inspectors in North America conducted 60,357 truck and bus inspections in 72 hours. Inspectors placed 5.6 percent of those drivers out of service, up from 4.4 percent in 2005. More than 57 percent of the cases where truckers were put out of service were because of hours-of-service violations, according to a report from CVSA.
I wonder if they will include the mexican trucks in the fun
Old 04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
http://www.landlinemag.com/todays_news/Daily/2007/Apr07/041607.htm/041707-03.htm

They'll probably be too busy writing up all the infractions from the good ole boys... The Mexicans CAN NOT be any worse than some of the equipment and driver's that we have all seen here in the US. From loose wheels, no brakes on the trailers, to fuel tanks held on by chains, to even imply that the Mexican companies and drivers are any worse just makes some of the drivers here look plain old foolish. I welcome this time of year ! This should be on the strike thread. A lot of the Bozo's here self impose a work stoppage so they can still run their junk up and down the highway the rest of the year.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
Quote:

They'll probably be too busy writing up all the infractions from the good ole boys... The Mexicans CAN NOT be any worse than some of the equipment and driver's that we have all seen here in the US. From loose wheels, no brakes on the trailers, to fuel tanks held on by chains, to even imply that the Mexican companies and drivers are any worse just makes some of the drivers here look plain old foolish. I welcome this time of year ! This should be on the strike thread. A lot of the Bozo's here self impose a work stoppage so they can still run their junk up and down the highway the rest of the year.

I wasnt implying that the mexican trucks are any worse, I was implying that the government will not hold them to the same standards as us, after all, we wouldnt want to offend them. I dont mind the inspections, If my truck isnt safe, I dont drive it., last year was a little much though, I was inspected 3 times in 1 week because I haul hazmat. but I passed fine each time. you dont get a sticker during that week, so you may get inspected every day. oh well, just do things right and you will be fine
Old 04-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I was implying that the government will not hold them to the same standards as us, after all, we wouldnt want to offend them.
Seeing that there are such high failure rates for the American trucks and drivers, it seems that the American trucks and drivers aren't doing so hot either.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
I was implying that the government will not hold them to the same standards as us, after all, we wouldnt want to offend them.
Seeing that there are such high failure rates for the American trucks and drivers, it seems that the American trucks and drivers aren't doing so hot either.

what I am trying to say is that ALL trucks should be held to the same standards regardless of where they are from, and I wonder if they will.
I somehow doubt it.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
what I am trying to say is that ALL trucks should be held to the same standards regardless of where they are from, and I wonder if they will. I somehow doubt it.
The standards are the standards. I don't think that you'll find too many Canadians that think that they are given a break because they are Canadians. The fact is that there is no way to inspect each and every truck that is on the road today. The CVSA is taking a sample of the trucks that are out there are inspecting them. When the Mexican trucks are pulled over, they will get the same good or bad treatment that the good old boys here complain about.