User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Anybody watch Man vs. Wild?

Had lots of time to watch the DirecTV this week (and play xbox 360 and Wii :P ) and I stumbled upon this show Man vs. Wild.

cut & paste from wikipedia:

Man vs. Wild is a survival television series on the Discovery Channel hosted by Bear Grylls. The show premiered on November 10, 2006 after airing a pilot episode entitled The Rockies on October 27, 2006. The program follows Grylls as he survives harsh conditions with minimal resources and finds his way back to civilization. The series is currently airing on Channel 4 in the UK as Born Survivor: Bear Grylls. Grylls is currently filming for the next season.

Man vs. Wild shows Grylls purposefully demonstrating more extreme methods of survival in harsh conditions. The program has seen him eating raw meat and live fish, staving off hypothermia after intentionally jumping in a frozen lake, and drinking the fluids of elephant feces for hydration. While Grylls does travel with a two-man camera crew, "they're under very strict instructions not to get involved or help" unless he is in a fatal situation. The format of this show is similar to that of Survivorman, with the great exception being that Survivorman is recorded solely by the host, without the presence of crew members.

This guy is hardcore. In the Alaska/Chugach Mtns. episode he spears a salmon and just eats it raw, tears into it like a cop to a krispy kreme. Here's a pic of him squeezing the elephant poo for water :shock:

Anyways just wanted to tell you guys to check it out, fire up the TiVo. Luckily we have 2 TV's otherwise I would've been forced to watch NASCAR because my wife said I was bogarting the plasma :roll: and snatched the remote while I was "paying the water bill"
Old 04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I watched that particular episode to see what the show was all about. Total BS setup. He drank that water from the poo, hands are all gross and nasty and the next shot, his hands were perfectly clean as was his face??????
Old 04-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Even if that show isn't 100% "Man vs Wild", it is a good show and teaches a lot of emergency survival techniques. I don't watch it every time it's on, but when I'm home with nothing to do and it's on, and nothing else I want to watch is on, I do enjoy watching it.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Board Icon

That's what Boy Scouts was for Malaki :wink: Proud Eagle right here and ain't afraid to get lost in the Wilderness. Oh wait, I do that everytime I come home since I live partially on the Wilderness Battlefield. 8) Found a bayonet knife from the Royal Navy(not Army, Navy) one summer walking thru the woods, circa mid 1700's model. Still in it's metal sheath and sitting just under some leaves.