User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I am not however we have to many drivers out there that complain when anything goes wrong with their technology. The best truck I drove over the road had no computers in it no Qualcomm and no GPS as long as you made your delivery on time and also just called the boss 2 times a day on were you were not a problem. Now trucking companies feel they have to babysit the newest drivers because they do not like to run I was never late on any loads unless the roads were cloased for weather sorry I will not run in a blizzard that is blowing trucks over. We are coming to relay to much on computers and other technical stuff and without them we are in trouble.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I am not however we have to many drivers out there that complain when anything goes wrong with their technology. The best truck I drove over the road had no computers in it no Qualcomm and no GPS as long as you made your delivery on time and also just called the boss 2 times a day on were you were not a problem. Now trucking companies feel they have to babysit the newest drivers because they do not like to run I was never late on any loads unless the roads were cloased for weather sorry I will not run in a blizzard that is blowing trucks over. We are coming to relay to much on computers and other technical stuff and without them we are in trouble.
WOW! I'm impressed. Here's a trucker who has NEVER BEEN LOST AND NEVER BEEN LATE. I call bull@*%&!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

We all have the ability to route without the gadgets. I still rely most upon my routing, and verifying with Customer directions.
I see nothing wrong with adding equipment and tools to aid in our job. Testing and tweaking this equipment out is more so the intent of our complaining...not that we have total dependance or need to rely on this gear.

I am always happy to add something to occupy my time out there too. :lol:
LIKE... coming here and complaining about crap. :lol:

I did know about the "faster route" vs. the "shorter route" selection.
I can't see how that would make a dif in my "test routing" with my new toy. Both routes I described were on the faster route selection...but still...they were very stupid routes and longer and slower. Nothing faster about it.

Garmin did help me while in Chesapeake-Va. yesterday. My off ramp was closed due to construction... :cry: It really came through recalculating my way back to my drop from the next off ramp.

The best thing about Garmin, is the females voice. It's the most female attendtion I have had in a long time, besides all the slaps I usually get.
As you would expect...I got frisky with Ms. Garmin.... 8)
I asked her to route me to Knob Lick, Virgina.....but she sent me to
New Redemption, Iowa...instead. :?