User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I would suggest broadening your horizons.

All any of us do over here is armchair QB. None of us, regardless of which side of the conflict we stand on, knows precisely what happens over there. Even with the media blitz, we have maybe, JUST maybe, 10% of the information that is needed to wage a war.

Right or wrong, we're in Iraq. We can debate the reasoning for that until the end of time, but the fact is, we are still there. We are still at war. And we are in a position to want to end that war as quickly as possible. If using a terrorist group in special operations will end that war quicker, why be upset about it? That's the hypocritical line that many people walk, regarding this war. You want it over and the troops home (so do I), but you want to impose your own restrictions, values, and rules on the soldiers fighting that war. That's why we lost the Viet Nam war.

Political correctness is going to be the eventual end of this country. :roll:

It's war. The object of the war is to kill enough of the enemy that you win the war. I don't care how they do it. I just want them to git 'er done as quickly as possible.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Senior Board Member

....tell THAT to our soldiers and Marines who are or have been tried for Murder....and I don't want to hear about how the people they killed were innocent "civilians"...our soldiers are trained to kill and when its done in a manner that is not done "politically correct", well, TRY 'EM FOR MURDER!!!!
What hypocrisy. Because of this mindset, this "war" will end up like Vietnam. Too bad for us...and the beat goes on.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound

Oh my God...He's for real!!
Yeah, I kind of pride myself in not being a phoney or get caught being as selectively and historically ignorant as the Bush haters when it comes to these things.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I would suggest broadening your horizons.

All any of us do over here is armchair QB. None of us, regardless of which side of the conflict we stand on, knows precisely what happens over there. Even with the media blitz, we have maybe, JUST maybe, 10% of the information that is needed to wage a war.

Right or wrong, we're in Iraq. We can debate the reasoning for that until the end of time, but the fact is, we are still there. We are still at war. And we are in a position to want to end that war as quickly as possible. If using a terrorist group in special operations will end that war quicker, why be upset about it? That's the hypocritical line that many people walk, regarding this war. You want it over and the troops home (so do I), but you want to impose your own restrictions, values, and rules on the soldiers fighting that war. That's why we lost the Viet Nam war.

Political correctness is going to be the eventual end of this country. :roll:

It's war. The object of the war is to kill enough of the enemy that you win the war. I don't care how they do it. I just want them to git 'er done as quickly as possible.
Though I do not usualy get into these argument's or debate's on this type of subject.
I have to agree with TF--- War is War, it is kill or be killed. This country is falling more and more under the political correctness bull.
Should we be in Iraq?
Truthfully I don't know, No matter what side you listen too, they all have a forked toung, "telling lies at the table cloth."
No one seems to tell the truth anymore, or it is sugar coated.

When 9-11 happened, I think when we gave the Talaban the opertunity to hand of Osama. When they didn't we should've "I my opinion", Nuked the hell out of them.
Would it cause an all out war?-- Maybe
If not, I personaly think what is going on now, wouldn't even be an issue, and No One would have the ball's to mess with the USA.
If so-- then what is comming would already be, and we could just Get-R-Done just that sooner!

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Rookie

Oh...You'll have to excuse me ..

See , I thought that for the last few years we were supposed to be FIGHTING terrorists.

Guess I got it all wrong.

I will promise to read the bulletins from the Ministry of Truth, with greater frequency.

Sick...disgusting...so Bush.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound

Oh my God...He's for real!!
Yeah, I kind of pride myself in not being a phoney or get caught being as selectively and historically ignorant as the Bush haters when it comes to these things.
I guess we all need SOMETHING we can be proud of.

In your case it sure wouldn't be your manners.

Overbearing and rude....Cool.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, reminding some people with agendas and their heads in their butts about actual history is seen by them as "rude".

Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, reminding some people with agendas and their heads in their butts about actual history is seen by them as "rude".

No...What's rude is the way you address other people.

Is that how you speak to people in person as well?

Speaking of agendas, I thought we were supposed to be fighting terrorist's ...Not employing them.

Perhaps you may recall why we went to war, why your loved one is in the service.

Call me naive, but collaborating with terrorists somehow seems to render pointless the deaths of thousands of U.S. Service Members who have died fighting a WAR ON TERRORISM..

That may be difficult to see with your head up your butt.

While you brush up on your history, work on your manners as well .

Your poor manners and your ignorance, are what's really boring.

Please don't trouble yourself responding to any future posts of mine if common courtesy is something that troubles you.

Thank you .
Old 04-15-2007, 01:01 AM

I beat the drums of war, ban the muslim religion in the USA or else we have lost this already
Old 04-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Wolfhound"]
Quote:

No...What's rude is the way you address other people.

What was so "rude"?

Is that how you speak to people in person as well?

Yes, why?

Speaking of agendas, I thought we were supposed to be fighting terrorist's ...Not employing them.

This depends on the mission and the enemy. we have many times been classified as terrorists. The special forces mission CAN be viewed as some AS terrorists. It all depends on who you ask and who you are killing.

Perhaps you may recall why we went to war, why your loved one is in the service.

My son went for the same reason I went and the same reason my father went.

Call me naive, but collaborating with terrorists somehow seems to render pointless the deaths of thousands of U.S. Service Members who have died fighting a WAR ON TERRORISM..

OK, You're Naive... To the terrorist networks (and some of the liberals of course) all of the US is terrorists. You're simply playing a game of semantics to win some political point.

That may be difficult to see with your head up your butt.

I wouldn't know, but since you are trying to talk through your belly button, you'd be the one with the experience in that area..

While you brush up on your history, work on your manners as well .

You'd have to go a long way to even attempt to discuss history with me there toots...

Your poor manners and your ignorance, are what's really boring.

And yet, I'm so boring that you continue to reply? I wonder why I'm not buying that line?

Please don't trouble yourself responding to any future posts of mine if common courtesy is something that troubles you.

Thank you .

If you are so ignorant to not know how a D-I-S-C-U-S-S-I-O-N board works perhaps you can look it up on you way to the history section of the library?