User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default spell check solution

Any one using an updated version of FireFox

when you reply, pm or otherwise type in the Forum, you should see red lines underneath misspelled words, simply select the word, right click, and you will see a list of suggested spellings.

Haven't used IE since FireFox came out.. so don't have any solutions for you sorry.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Board Icon

Spell check? I don't need no stinkin spell check! :lol:
Old 03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: spell check solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbie
Any one using an updated version of FireFox

when you reply, pm or otherwise type in the Forum, you should see red lines underneath misspelled words, simply select the word, right click, and you will see a list of suggested spellings.

Haven't used IE since FireFox came out.. so don't have any solutions for you sorry.
A LIST of "suggested spellings?" :shock: :roll: Geez, what has our education system become??

The problem with spellcheck software is that it can't correct composition mistakes. If it could..... it would have corrected "ANY ONE." :lol:

I'm not picking a fight with you, Serbie. You are just trying to help, and I'm sure it is appreciated. I'm just pointing out that the SOLUTION that you can't find to offer.... is EDUCATION.

I don't have a problem with someone misspelling some words. I do it myself at times. It's the rambling sentences that lack punctuation and structure that bothers me. (And THAT only slightly.)

And there is no computer "fix" for that.

It is a sad fact that, for many Americans, English is a second language. In days of old, they used to concentrate on teaching the three "R's." Perhaps, it was an omen that THAT little saying was an adulteration of the language. :roll:

I'm not trying to insult those on here who are less than perfect in their usage of the language. That would serve no purpose, and has little to do with their knowledge about trucking.

I only wish to encourage all to stress the basics of education to their children. THEY are our future. And our future has NEVER been more in doubt than it is today.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.