User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Look out for the Illinois Scotts Law Drivers

I just got out of traffic court today drivers and thanks to the fact that a CDL holding driver can not get any kind of court supervison anymore if in IL you fail to yeild for any reason to a stopped emergancy vechile on either shoulder by pulling into the far lane or slowing down kiss your CDL bye for a MIN of 6 months.

I got stopped last month for not getting into the left lane when I had 4 cars passing me at one time there was 2 squad cars with 4 wheelers pulled over yes I no longer drive a Semi OTR due to a medical conditon but the penalties that they are handing out do not make sense. I am going to take my case to trial next month and will keep you informed as to the results and what I get sentenced to.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
but the penalties that they are handing out do not make sense.
With all of the emergency workers that are hit are very nearly hit every year and the death or serious injuries that are caused because drivers will not move over or slow down, what does not make sense?

CDL holders want to be viewed as professional drivers and scream when they are not, and then they scream when they are and held to a higher standard.

Good luck with your court date. I think you are going to need it.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:33 PM

What I am saying is the MIN fine is a 6 MONTH UNPAID VACATION DRIVERS. Even if you obey the law and you can not move over to the other lane and slow down which is the other option the cop can still stop you if he decides to and say you did not yeild to him. Today in court the entire docket was filled with cases like mine and 50% of them were professinal OTR drivers. None of them were given the option of court supervison so they are being forced to go to a trial to try to save their CDL's now what option does that give you the CDL holder in this state.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Senior Board Member

It is a warning for everyone that they need to be extra alert when driving.

BTW: Illinois is not the only state with this law.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:46 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

I smell bullsh!t, either you DIDNT move or you did something else and that why you were pulled over. Cops or no Cops they are all human and they are not stupid enough to pull someone over for NOT BEING ABLE to move due to cars blocking the lane..please.. :roll:. I have been in those situations more times that you can imagine and NEVER been looked at..
Old 03-24-2007, 01:46 AM

Fine then explain the ticket to me I am looking at that suspenion if I am found guilty next month. We have a state senator here who likes to make sure that if you screw up in anyway involving the police you get bent over hard. God forbid in this state you hit a cop in an accident that you did not cause you are looking at a 26K fine and a 3 year suspension MINAMUM and that is right out of the book.

My brother who was also forced off the road was with me and he saw me slow down from 65 the speed limit by the way to 35 mph moved as far over to the left as possible without causing an accident yet I was still pulled over. That day alone they nailed 40 cars for so called Scotts law voilations and also 25 truckers. So the State troopers and the county are using this as a source of revenue.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Board Regular

Good warning to always have the eyes on the upcoming areas...from the time the stopped car is spotted on the shoulder to get over isn't always alot of time, hills and whatever blocking the view.........I know there have been times we've been broke down on the side of the road triangles and all up and so many coming by so close I'd hate to be the officer standing next to a pulled over car out there.........so many accidents leading to these rules they have put in place. Without there being a special area for cars to be pulled into, and that wouldn't be feasable to have a 'stop spot' every mile or so on the roads, everyone has to be careful and watch for anything that can happen out there, such short notice as things can happen in sometimes. Everyone stay safe out there
Old 04-23-2007, 08:07 PM

UPDATE I had my trial today and WON WAS FOUND NOT GUILTY. I got the State Trooper to admit that 1 he changed the ticket after giving it to me to show no cars passing me. 2 that he was looking to fill his QUOTA for tickets in Scotts law in one day. The Judge proceeded to find me Not gulity and then RIPPED the Trooper a NEW AHOLE over the fact he TAMPERED WITH THE TICKET and then ordered the prosector to dismiss ALL SCOTTS LAW CHARGES THIS Trooper had brought since the law had been enforced aka Jan 1 2007.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Did you have a lawyer? Just wondering.... Glad you got it dropped.