User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default mia?

alright, has anyone heard from ardmore farms or did josh retire? please reply before i have to try caling him at home.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Board Icon

I havent seen him in a coons age. Might be out picking his poinsettias :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-16-2007, 10:44 PM

Well my guess is Josh became upset with this board because of problems with how the board is operated. Meaning I have constant problems trying to post responses or topics as most times after I write a post it will kick me back to the sign on screen over and over again, I have asked for help with this problem no less then 5 times and never even receive any return comment or help from the board administration.
Then of course there are a few moderators who seem to have a Napoleon complex and like to either ban folks from certain boards or censor their post/replies...

If you would like to find Josh then all you have to do is go to http://www.truck.net/ and search their message boards he has been posting there quite often for the past few months.... Hmmm.

This is just my opinion and not based on any words from Josh himself, however it does make you wonder why he suddenly stopped posting and moved to another board to post...

It Is What It Is...

Timberwolf

Just for the record it took me 8 tries to get this topic posted. I give up....
Old 03-17-2007, 01:37 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

In your case, the problem is not with the board. The problem is with your browser settings. If you want to get mad at someone or something, kick your computer. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Let me lay this out once more...Lord knows it's been explained a million times already.

If you are at a kiosk or using Wi-Fi or some other such entry point and cannot log on because you have been banned, it's because that particular IP address was banned during the Spamfest we had last year. If something like that happens, simply identify the IP address and send it to CAD and we'll unban the address.

In your case, the fact that you are getting on sometimes and other times are not, and it's all on the same PC at the same location, then the problem is likely with your settings, not the board. However, if you are using a rotating IP address, which it appears that you may, then the problem is STILL with your PC. And before you ask, we banned specific IP's back then, not ranges, so you're not stuck in a range ban.

As far as:

Quote:
Then of course there are a few moderators who seem to have a Napoleon complex and like to either ban folks from certain boards or censor their post/replies...
Pray tell, what are you talking about? I think it's pretty clear that there are other boards out there and that doesn't concern us in the least. If it did, I'd delete your truck.net link. We've never had a problem with truck.net posters, at least while I've been here. Bottom line, we don't care who posts on what board and the ONLY time we ever dropped a hammer on multiple board posters was when they were trying to cause major problems between boards. I said it before, I'll say it again - that's just plain immature and juvenile and won't be tolerated. I know what instance you're talking about and if you're mad about that, tough. :roll: You don't have the slightest clue what really went on and the board has sailed along pretty smoothly since everyone went their seperate ways.

'Nuff said.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Senior Board Member

gosh darnnit. i was just askin' bout josh. didn't wanna start a pissin contest about which site is better. thankfully this site has helped me quite a bit. i have even found other sites from here. been visiting other sites and also been gettin questions answered. i am glad to say this site has helped me get my feet on the ground in truckin. i have made friends on this site. shucks i have been lucky enuff to even meet a couple of lady drivers and share tattoos. i had dinner with a few drivers also. that i why i was just askin about ardmore farms.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:22 PM

twilight flyer wrote:
In your case, the problem is not with the board. The problem is with your browser settings. If you want to get mad at someone or something, kick your computer.

Let me lay this out once more...Lord knows it's been explained a million times already.

One would think that in the 5 letters I wrote to the board administration about this problem they could have at least answered back with your answer, but I never even received one response back to all of my emails. While I realize I do not pay for this service it would still be nice to be acknowledged.
As far as moderators go lets go back and review all the responses Yoopr gives to people he disagrees with and evaluate his fairness and of course the aggressiveness of his responses. Yes he has a right to express his views as do we all, however as my Grandfather used to tell me "you catch more flies with sugar rather then vinegar. He tends to come across as a my way or the highway kind of person in my mind this is counter active of a moderator...
As far as which boards I use, I have to say this is the only one I have gone on to post and read since my inception in August of 04 and still I have less then 75 post. The other boards are pretty much just like Class A, they all have the same basic information. I just happened to find Josh there as I too was curious like Choperbob and did a search for AFF on the other board. when I went to tell Choperbob all I did was copy and paste the site I did not intentionally insert the link.
My Ip address I have no clue as to what it is I have used aol since 96 and consider myself not very smart when it comes to the inside workings of PC's in fact most of the time when I find myself on these boards I find I just get upset at the stupidity and hate of others, when will I learn...... I should just go out to my garage and wrench on my Mustang... even though that is proving to be just as frustrating these days...

It Is What It Is

Timberwolf
Old 03-18-2007, 06:28 PM

Twilight Flyer wrote:
I know what instance you're talking about and if you're mad about that, tough. You don't have the slightest clue what really went on and the board has sailed along pretty smoothly since everyone went their seperate ways.

I have no clue about this, and really could care less. I was just talking about Yoopr and his demeanor. Even though when I reread my original post about the moderators I can clearly see I worded it in the wrong way. My apologies for that I made it sound as if I was talking about several moderators when in reality it was just Yoopr I was talking about.

It Is What It Is

Timberwolf
Old 03-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Ya can't dislike this board that bad, you keep comin' here :P :lol:
Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

i have never had any technical problems with CAD.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Senior Board Member

i agree with you chopper. this thread should have not turned into a pissing contest. There are other forums that his situation could have (should have?) been addressed in.
Closed Thread