User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Still Hangin' With Heyl

Well, guys and gals, I'm almost to the end of my training. I really have no complaints about the company, the trainer, or the work. It's pretty much what I expected. Well, I was prepared for the worst as far as the training was concerned, but I got a good trainer. Aside from a little bit of impatience, he's been great to work with. Can't say I caught on quickly, but it hasn't been difficult. The biggest problem I've had so far is backing, but that will come with experience.

I'm sitting in Spokane for a couple of days again, since that's where my trainer lives. He's been good about getting me home for a day or two every so often, though. I'm hoping that I'll get my own truck the next time we swing through Sioux Falls, SD or Akron, IA. I should because my training was estimated to be 6-8 weeks and we're about at 8 weeks now.

My wife is not handling things as well as she should, but I expected that. We've been together almost constantly since we met about 14 years ago. She's really having a hard time and that makes it harder for me when it's time to hit the road again.

My plan is to hang in with this company for a year or two and try to find something that will get me back home more often after that. Who knows? Maybe I'll have enough home time once I get my own truck, or my wife will get used to me being out.

Or maybe she will win her lawsuit against the company that disabled her and we won't need as much income as we used to...
Old 07-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Rookie

Hey there Emerlin,

It's been a few months since your post here about Heyl and I was just wondering what your experience has been like...?

Did you get into your own truck, finally? 8-weeks is a LONG time to be with a trainer, but it's ok I guess if you get along.

Are you getting home time and miles? (good balance?)

What else can you comment on with regards to Heyl?

I'm thinking about applying with them as they have a terminal in Zephyrhills, about 10-miles east of here.

I tried to send a PM, but this board requires a zillion posts in here first. :evil:

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-26-2007, 01:26 AM

how fast are the trucks?