User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I saw Mexican trucks/drivers in Lousiana, question

Has that pilot program already started? If not, wtf was he doing that far in country. Third I had to have passed 5 border patrol SUV's on I-10 between Mobile and N.O. They weren't convoying or anything, they were sitting in the medians as if they were on a normal patrol. Now I was a cop, so I know what I saw; and granted I've never had a chance to see them on the border yet, but what are 'they' doing inland to.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Senior Board Member

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run for the hills!!!!

P.S. I'll bet they were doing something unsafe, dangerous and something that could be seen by some as "un-American"... :P
Old 03-09-2007, 09:09 PM

Fozzy, I'm asking the question only because I'm a legal minded guy, obviously. If the pilot program started already, then hey he's probably just doing what he's supposed to be doing. I don't know when it starts, thus the request for further information. If it hasn't yet, then a Mexican tag'd truck with a temp Texas tag in addition to his own would means he's a Mexican driver, and is only supposed to be allowed what 25-50 miles inland from the border. So please keep the holier than thou comments to channel 19. 'preciate it.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Senior Board Member

who knows why the truck was there.. I figure I could get the panic show started that is sure to come... I'm not holier than thou or anyone else, I'm just not living in some fantasy world full of intrigue that some around here seem to be enjoying living and wallowing in.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:29 PM

Fair enough, now do you by chance know if that pilot program has started yet or not?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Here's some information:

http://fleetowner.com/management/new...pening_border/
Old 03-09-2007, 09:44 PM

DOT around here (I-20 around the 406 in TX) are loving it...in the past month they have cought 2 trucks comming out of El Paso. The first had 955 lbs of pot the second had 1500 lbs. Both were teams and all 4 from Mexico.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member

got news or newspaper links for either of these?? sound like trucker stories to me...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Foz, whether or not 'they' are trucker tales I do not know, but I can tell you that police do catch illegal things from illegal people doing illegal stuff all the time, it's common enough that unless the crap is worth high 6 figures coming in or out of the borders no one reports on it anymore.

Quote:
U.S. Customs Service patrol officers, special agents, inspectors and air interdiction officers, Pima County Sheriff's Department officers, Tohono O'Odham Police Department officers, and National Park Service rangers seized approximately 9,469.3 pounds of marijuana, 2.1 pounds of cocaine, and made 24 arrests between November 30 and December 12 during Operation Cobija. Operation Cobija is an enhanced counter-smuggling and drug interdiction effort involving personnel from all of the above listed law enforcement organizations.
http://www.cbp.gov/hot-new/pressrel/1998/1214-00.htm
That article was from 1998 from barely 3 weeks of work, the 'business' grows every year.

Here is a more 'recent' one, as in this past week.
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...s/03062007.xml
Quote:
Wellton, Ariz. — U.S. Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol agents working southeast of Tacna, Ariz., discovered two abandoned vehicles containing nearly 3,500 pounds of marijuana Monday morning.
Hell you I'm sure know as well as any trucker on here just how easy it would be to stuff a bale or three down into a tank to make some 'extra money' on your delivery. DOT/police just don't have the manpower to check all trucks. (thus the reason more than 75% of all freight being imported on ships aren't checked)[/quote]
Old 03-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcso
Foz, whether or not they are trucker tales I do not know, but I can tell you that police do catch illegal things from illegal people doing illegal stuff all the time, it's common enough that unless the crap is worth high 6 figures coming in or out of the borders no one reports on it anymore.

Hell you I'm sure know as well as any trucker on here just how easy it would be to stuff a bale or three down into a tank to make some 'extra money' on your delivery. DOT/police just don't have the manpower to check all trucks. (thus the reason more than 75% of all freight being imported on ships aren't checked)
That's true enough, but its really odd that these "tales" really seem to magically appear in larger numbers when the mexican drivers are in the story. This is like the old stereotype of hanging the whole welfare problem on the minorities when since its inception, more white folk have been on welfare over the country than minorities. You hear all the "I swear I saw a black woman driving a new Cadillac and using food stamps" when ever the story is told, There are again, currently MORE American drivers doing dumb, illegal and dangerous things in more dangerous vehicles that there EVER will be mexican drivers doing the same things. It's just far too "selective" and of course self-serving to say otherwise