User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default cassette adapter auto reverse pain in the a##

i have found a few pieces about cassette adapters that start flipping from forward to reverse repeatedly and being a pain in the ass. The one i have will start flipping over and over and after I mess with it for a while it stops but eventually about once every 3 day it starts doing it again.

I read something about removing the "center tooth wheel" i assume these are the two gear like wheels in the cassette...anbody have any suggestions?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: cassette adapter auto reverse pain in the a##

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
i have found a few pieces about cassette adapters that start flipping from forward to reverse repeatedly and being a pain in the ass. The one i have will start flipping over and over and after I mess with it for a while it stops but eventually about once every 3 day it starts doing it again.

I read something about removing the "center tooth wheel" i assume these are the two gear like wheels in the cassette...anbody have any suggestions?
Heh - when I first got my XM I went through something like 3 of those adapters in as many weeks. With the adapter constantly turning in the cassette player, it just destroyed the adapter.

I then started using the fm modulator that came with the XM. It worked fine until a strong station would over power the signal from the modulator, and I'd have to keep changing the channel.

I finally bought an in-line modulator (plugs in between the antenna wire on the truck radio). That thing is an absolute godsend. I wish I'd spent that $25 the day I bought the XM. I haven't changed the fm station since I installed it almost a month ago.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!

Well i found the cure, I just took box cutter and cut all the little teeth thingys (the parts that spin)out from the center of the cassette. It took about 30 minutes and can be a little tedious but now it is %100.00 flawless. You might want to put a pencil in one end to keep them from spinning and gently cut the teeth away from the other end.