User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Owner' Manual for your Truck Driver

Or should I say, The Care and Feeding of your most important piece of equipment? That is what you are. After all, you would never dream of throwing out your owner's manual for your new truck, ignoring recommendations for maintenance, putting crappy fuel in it and running it into the ground. That would be the end of your ability to work, unless you could go get another truck. Well, you can not get another body, it is one of a kind and irreplaceable, so why do what we do to it?

A little over a year ago I had a rude awakening when I had a physical coming up. I got pre-checked by my own doctor and found out I had stage 2 hypertension, border line diabetes, had been suffering from kidney stones and complained of sleep apnea, chronic illnesses, overweight, sore joints, etc. He is a holistic doctor so he put me on life changing dietary habits that fit ME, some supplements told me to go on www.curezone.com. One year later, I am 58 lbs lighter, sleep like a baby most nights, have normal BP and blood sugar, no complaints of any kind.

My heart goes out to each and everyone of you who have been sent home from a orientation physical because your health failed requirements. WE are losing great drivers to a situation that is preventable unless genetic or caused by injury. Your youth does not make you impervious to health issues nor does aging sign your death warrant. I see young men in their twenties go home for the very issues I had one year ago. I urge all of you to take your bodies and minds as the precious commodities they are. When you leave this industry, leave it on your terms.