User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Nasty Northwest 90

Just got into Spokane a couple hours ago. The passes were nasty. Lots of snow and ice. There were some pretty bad stretches in Montana earlier today.

We were coming down Fourth of July and some clown in a Jeep Cherokee was merging. He decided he needed to be in front of the big, bad truck (us) and hit the gas. Next thing you know, he was over in the other lane facing us. He just about hit the wall and almost collected us to boot. Kinda hard to stop 78K on ice...
Old 02-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

4th of July pass is definitely Interesting at times :P
Old 02-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Board Icon

Yeah...it was nasty earlier in the week, too. How 'bout that freezing fog through S. Dakota!!! :evil:
That 4th of July pass got me coming back east too on the 20th. I am sure I was the last one to cross without chains. I barely made it to the summit. I kept prayin' the drives wouldn't break loose. Several rigs didn't make it, and were barely off the road.
That Snoqualimie pass was ugly as well. But I made both without chains coming back. Just lucked out. I hate chaining up....but I hate not using chains when I should even more. Doncha just "love it" .. :? :lol: