User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Conditions for New Drivers With Salsa Please

If Free Trade ends up giving drivers the same conditions as in Mexico, watch out. Has anyone else read this article? Comments?

I don't know how many rookies have heard about the World Trade Bridge. And that big corridor they will build from Mexico straight up through Kansas City will be wild. Read at:

http://www.teamster.org/resources/me...gust/nafta.htm
Old 02-22-2007, 02:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, If Bush & Co. have their way about it, that is the way things will be.

As of now, Texas is a very solid Republican State, has been since the mid 1990's. Almost all major political offices in Texas are held by Republicans; at the same time, the Democratic Party of Texas, which was essentially dead in the water just two years ago, is showing signs of resurgence.

This shift has been particularly noticeable in the State courts, where Democrats have succeeded in regaining benches that were lost over a decade ago. Texas has long had a "tough on crime, tough on criminals" philosophy, so the Democrats would not be reclaiming those seats on The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals (which is the highest criminal court in the State of Texas; The Texas Supreme court does not deal with Criminal Cases.) if people were not seriously dissatisfied.

Gov. Rick Perry (a.k.a. "Governor Blowdry") has been pressing hard for the Trans Texas Corridor, but is now starting to face some serious resistance. BTW, I own land which will become "Front Footage" if the highway is built, so it is definitely in my personal economic interest to see it completed; nonetheless, I am a staunch opponent of it as it is now being proposed!!

BTW, I have always voted a split ticket, but up until the last Presidential Election, I was a pretty died in the wool Republican. (shame on me!!) ops:

Bear in mind that I live in a VERY conservative, solidly Republican part of Texas, and the political winds of change down here are not really blowing, but there is a slight breeze that is without question or doubt, changing direction.

Increasing numbers of people, read that to mean "good Republican people" are becoming increasingly disillusioned. I'm hearing it more and more, particularly from the many military officers and retired officers that I know.

Can't say just what will happen next, but I am keeping a very close ear to the ground; it will be fun and interesting watching developments!!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 AM

Old 02-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Rookie
Default Corridor

People are starting to wake up to this dispacable plan to completely eradicate our national soveriegnty. The proposed North American Union means that the "former" United States will exist only in name. This land grab (through eminent domain) is going to eat up a tremendous amount of viable farmland. It will also displace hundreds if not thousands of "former" landowners.
Democrat or Republican make no difference whatsoever. They are but fingers of the same hand; working day and night for the REAL and UNELECTED powers that be such as the council on forign relations and the trilateral commission.
If we had a viable third party we might be able to take our country back. I see no hope for it. It's too late to work within the system and too early to shoot the bastards!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, I took a look at the Teamsters' point of view on this "Superhighway" and my only comment is.............................................AAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I love conspiracy theories! Folks do your homework on this issue, please do not let a "union" be your basis of information on issues such as this. We've been down this road before, I-35 was the the original NAFTA super highway, remember???

Yup, pretty soon the US won't even be in name only, it'll be the United States of Mex-ada....

And, of course, Bush and his boys are to blame even though the development commission has been in place long before he took office. People also seem to forget that Bill Clinton was a bigger proponent of NAFTA than Bush could ever dream of being. It's not a politcal issue at all, never has been.

I stubbed my toe this morning headed to the bathroom and my first response was, "Dang you Bush, why'd you put that there?!" Bush lied, people died.... Give me a friggin break!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Senior Board Member

There is so much misinformation about this plan, I couldnt even begin to list it. Its become sort of an Internet Urban legend.

The main thing I will point out is that this plan DOESNT include building new highways, it will use existing highways that are already built.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Rookie
Default superhighway

Lou Dobbs ran a piece on it about 2 weeks ago. It may incorporate some existing roads but it wll be a "fenced corridor" from Mexico to Canada. :x
Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Senior Board Member

This is what Im talking about as missinformation. A little looking around the web (try reading the official website for this project) and you will see the truth.
Let me quote part of the official website.

NAFTA Superhighway" - As of late, there has been much media attention given to the "new, proposed NAFTA Superhighway". NASCO and the cities, counties, states and provinces along our existing Interstate Highways 35/29/94 (the NASCO Corridor) have been referring to I-35 as the 'NAFTA Superhighway' for many years, as I-35 already carries a substantial amount of international trade with Mexico, the United States and Canada. There are no plans to build a new NAFTA Superhighway - it exists today as I-35.

No plans to build anything....NO PLANS FOR HIGHWAYS FENCED IN.....IT WILL USE I35 AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL STILL BE ABLE TO USE IT TOO.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
This is what Im talking about as missinformation. A little looking around the web (try reading the official website for this project) and you will see the truth.
Let me quote part of the official website.

NAFTA Superhighway" - As of late, there has been much media attention given to the "new, proposed NAFTA Superhighway". NASCO and the cities, counties, states and provinces along our existing Interstate Highways 35/29/94 (the NASCO Corridor) have been referring to I-35 as the 'NAFTA Superhighway' for many years, as I-35 already carries a substantial amount of international trade with Mexico, the United States and Canada. There are no plans to build a new NAFTA Superhighway - it exists today as I-35.

No plans to build anything....NO PLANS FOR HIGHWAYS FENCED IN.....IT WILL USE I35 AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL STILL BE ABLE TO USE IT TOO.
Will black helicopters be used to patrol the "superhighway?" :lol:

Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicWaste
Don't make me puke. :roll:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?