User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Why are some drivers so STUPID

Qualcomm said "I-20 exit #415 - take exit, pull off road and call (name and number deleted to protect the customer)."

I arrive at 1:30 PM, as I pull off the exit I am already talking to customer who informs me that NO truck has shown up all day (I should be #5) and to pull across the freeway and he will meet me at the truckstop. I note 4 trucks parked on the shoulder at the end of the exit ramp, get on the CB and ask what they are waiting for. I am told that they have been sitting there since 6:30, 8 AM, 9AM and 11AM respectively but no one has came and gotten them to go to the location to string pipe. I asked if they had called the number on the Qualcomm and was told, no, they had called dispatch and let them know that the were sitting there.

Long story short, customer shows up, highly ticked off that he has been checking the truckstop at least once an hour and not able to find anyone and now there are 5 trucks to be unloaded.

Guess, what, they only work till 5PM, 4 trucks got unloaded, I get to sit overnight due to their STUPIDITY!!!

OK, I've vented, now i feel better
Old 02-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Were all of these trucks from the same company you are with?

If not they may have different policies and procedures to follow like never calling a customer direct and only going through dispatch.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:30 AM
Senior Board Member

I've had that happen (telling me to not call the customer). I'm sorry, but if I need local directions, the best person to talk to is the one that knows the area, not a dispatcher sitting on the other side of the country trying to interpret what they're saying.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Why are some drivers so STUPID

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655
Qualcomm said "I-20 exit #415 - take exit, pull off road and call (name and number deleted to protect the customer)."

I arrive at 1:30 PM, as I pull off the exit I am already talking to customer who informs me that NO truck has shown up all day (I should be #5) and to pull across the freeway and he will meet me at the truckstop. I note 4 trucks parked on the shoulder at the end of the exit ramp, get on the CB and ask what they are waiting for. I am told that they have been sitting there since 6:30, 8 AM, 9AM and 11AM respectively but no one has came and gotten them to go to the location to string pipe. I asked if they had called the number on the Qualcomm and was told, no, they had called dispatch and let them know that the were sitting there.

Long story short, customer shows up, highly ticked off that he has been checking the truckstop at least once an hour and not able to find anyone and now there are 5 trucks to be unloaded.

Guess, what, they only work till 5PM, 4 trucks got unloaded, I get to sit overnight due to their STUPIDITY!!!

Customer has right to be highly ticked-Common Sense isn't all that common nowadays
Old 02-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Board Icon

Sorry to hear about it, baldeagle. Yeah, that would stink much bad. Just as Uturn said, those guys may have talked to their dispatchers, but the dispatchers may not have went through on what they were supposed to do about contacting the customer. Too bad for you, though. Like us, we arent supposed to call the customers. We are supposed to get in touch with our supervisors, if we need to call the customer, and they take it from there. Even though, I have a black book with some of the smaller mom, and pop phone numbers that I called when I delivered to them in the early morning hours. Had to call them up, so they could meet me at their restraunt. Hopefully, they will get ya unloaded in the morning.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Should have kept your mouth shut, they got unloaded and you didn't. Now what was your question ? :lol:
Old 02-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Who do you work for? Westar? I wouldn't have said anything. Just get unloaded. To hell with the idiots. What's dispatch going to do? The dispatchers are barely qualified for janitorial work, much less handling problems that arise in trucking. I seriously doubt more than one of them actually knows how to dial a phone, much less dial long-distance. Never, ever go through a dispatcher to solve a problem! :roll:
Old 02-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep
Should have kept your mouth shut, they got unloaded and you didn't. Now what was your question ? :lol:
Exactly my thoughts! :lol:
Old 02-21-2007, 05:08 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Were all of these trucks from the same company you are with?

If not they may have different policies and procedures to follow like never calling a customer direct and only going through dispatch.
yep, all of them work for Westar, the qualcom message was as I stated, pull over and call the number listed.

Like I said, that is the last time that will happen, next time I will truck right on past the idiots and get unloaded myself!!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Why are some drivers so STUPID

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655

I arrive at 1:30 PM, as I pull off the exit I am already talking to customer who informs me that NO truck has shown up all day (I should be #5) and to pull across the freeway and he will meet me at the truckstop.

I note 4 trucks parked on the shoulder at the end of the exit ramp, get on the CB and ask what they are waiting for. I am told that they have been sitting there since 6:30, 8 AM, 9AM and 11AM respectively but no one has came and gotten them to go to the location to string pipe. I asked if they had called the number on the Qualcomm and was told, no, they had called dispatch and let them know that the were sitting there.

Baldeagle: First, you say you were told TO CALL THE CUSTOMER. Which you did. HE told you to go to the truckstop. Which you DIDN'T do! You, like everyone else, pulled OFF THE ROAD! On the EXIT ramp! Isn't the truckstop the best place to PULL OFF THE ROAD? You can go to the bathroom there!

I'm SORRY you got shafted.... but you helped it to happen! YOU had the go ahead (from the consignee) to pull into the truckstop and be met by their representative! HAD YOU DONE THAT.... you probably would have been unloaded FIRST, AFTER you told him about the 4 other idiots over there on the OFF ramp!

When someone tells you to PULL OFF THE ROAD, even IF they are a stupid dispatcher.... they don't expect you to just park on an off ramp! If your "load assignment" has a number to call...... you CAN call it!!!

You should have reminded the guy that YOU were the only one smart enough to call HIM! And DEMANDED that you get unloaded FIRST!

Quote:
I get to sit overnight due to their STUPIDITY!!!
Seems like there was more than enough of this to go around!!! Welcome to Trucking! :lol:

NOW, you're a "professional driver!" :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.