User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The new era

Just not sure about this new era of trucking....
When I started, we talked to each other on the cb, we chatted and made small talk. We knew well in advance if the road ahead was closed, where the bears were, and we asked if someone needed help that was broke down on the side of the road.
Now days, hardly anyone talks on the cb, so many times I have been going down the highway and still there are those that warn me about back ups, accidents and road closures, and give advise what exits to take, though at times I do check the advise a few times to make sure it is accurate.
It's really strange when you listen to the cb, the back up starts, people have been warning you for the last 20 minutes about it, and you keep hearing people.. "What's causing the backup on the (N.E.S.W) side?"....
To many times I have gotten off the expressway and am heading down a back state hwy, passing the interstate and looking at the backup over my shoulder. And these drivers still asking, whats the hold up?????
Another thing is these new brakes on these trucks, and these advance stopping systems, got to love them, all these trucks must have them, at least the ones that like to follow 3 feet off my ICC bumper! What is up with that? If it was not for the paperwork, I would give these drivers something to think about. There is NO reason to be riding someones ICC bumper, if you want to get somewhere that fast, pass me, don't ride my bumper...
Oh I just like to rant and rave about stuff..
I was in a rest area last month, I saw a older fellow that was working for PAM, here he was with a spray can in hand, white paint...guess what he was spraying.....Yeap, that call 1-800 number.. Brand new trailer and some old fart acting like some juvenile. I wrote down his tractor number and was so tempted to call PAM up and ask if they forgot to quit putting those stickers on the trailer, they must not need them if they have senior drivers painting them over.
Oh heck, time for bed... Good night...
Charles