User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default No chemo for Dad for now!

All I can say is that all my CAD brothers and sisters must have been doing some mighty heavy duty praying! We just got back from the doctor's office in Fort Smith and Dad's oncologist says the mass is the size of a golf ball and she believes they can use radiation therapy on it instead of chemo and radiation. She said in her opinion it is shrinkable and it can be kept under control by zapping it with radiation. THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!

She explained it all to Mom and Dad and me (and I couldn't take my eyes off of her because she's about 40, tall, stacked, and a FINE LOOKIN' oncologist). So instead of having to dread chemo Dad will undergo radiation treatments five days a week for about six weeks and then they'll take more pictures of the mass. So thanks guys for the words of encouragement and prayers. They are very much appreciated. I love every one of you!! 8) 8)
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh

I think I speak for each and every one of us when I say....So very very pleased for you and your family mate. Keep us updated on his progress :wink:
Excellent news!

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 01-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Board Regular

Chemo can be very hard on a person. I'm happy for youand your Dad. Hopefully they can clear this up quickly. I'll keep y'all in my prayers. BOL Drive safe everyone.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Board Regular

I've been dealing with this same thing for the last year. Dad's cancer came back, growing on his liver this time. He did the chemo and radiation, then had 70% of his liver removed in May. The liver re-generates and so far, he is recovering nicely. Stay strong in the fight. Prayer and love from family will get him through this.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Senior Board Member

That is great news Flyer, keep us posted and tell your Mom and Dad we are praying for a speedy recovery for him.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas

Mapleleaf, Heavenbound, Wot i Life (Kevin), Templedawg, Uselsss, Yoop, and all my other brothers and sisters on CAD, your prayers and thoughts are greatly appreciated. You guys are awesome and I love you all! I don't know how many nights Dad has not been able to sleep dreading chemo and now he'll just sit in a fixed position for 15 minutes or so a day while they zap his tumor with radiation. The doc says they'll do that five days a week for six weeks and then take some more pictures of it to see how much it's shrunk and then zap it again for another six weeks. The doc says they can't cure it but can control it. Now if I can just quit smoking we'll have it made! 8) 8)
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!