User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I can not talk much I have a '04 Chevy Cavalier that I have done some mods on and I am putting out 325 hp. Now the reason I did my mods was not to go fast even though it is a by-product of the mods. I did it more for the fuel mileage that this little car is getting now, I am running at about 45-49 mpg. Before this car got 32 mpg on the highway. Also living here in Houston I want to make sure I had the a$$ to get on the highway around here.

I have taken a few of these little kids down that have parents that have more money than sense. They had all those mods and were telling me that they are dumping 500hp with thier cars. After I kick the butts they ask what I got and I pop the hood and they tell me that it is impossible that I beat them with my car. I tell it is how much HP you have but how you use it.

No my muffler is not the size of a trash can. I use a 12" magna flow glass-pack, and it is a lot louder that those mufflers. So I sound like a weedwacker on steriods. lol
Old 01-19-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyykatt
500HP? R-U seriouse? Regardless, a waste of $ anyway- and annoying the way they race around like that.
I disagree about the "waste of money" part. Everyone has a hobby and if their hobby is dumping money into their cars, and they get enjoyment out of it, it's not a waste.

On the other hand, I get a kick out of guys who buy a $25,000 car, dump another $15 or $20K in it, and then, when they want to sell it, they're upset when they can't get more than low book on it. There are a couple of guys on one of the forums I visit that are in just such a situation. It's really funny when they are trying to defend their $35K asking price on a beat on car that books around $25K at best.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Board Icon

Yeah,and,if it is front wheel drive,why isnt the wing on the hood? :P Besides,those cars are so aerodynamic,I dont see a big purpose in the wing. I remember seeing the wings on the old Novas,and Chevelles,and stuff,but yeah,those tires needed that downforce. Seems like to me,on a front wheel drive car,with the wing,it would put a downforce in the rear,and the front tires would spin. :shock: :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-20-2007, 03:16 AM

Check this out for a good laugh:
http://ricersndonks.com/

Just click on the pics and enjoy the fun.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerlin
Check this out for a good laugh:
http://ricersndonks.com/

Just click on the pics and enjoy the fun.
I have seen some cars that have wheels as big as truck wheels. Atleast,it looks like the wheels are that big.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Rookie

Okay, just to add fuel to the fire...Or to beat the dead horsepower issue?

Is the problem with the the cars, hobbiests or the wannabes?

As for the cars, Up till I turned 32 I had owned(or been owned by :lol: ) more cars than years of licence (I'm still 32 :shock: ) My current daily driver is a 99 Mazda, and I say it has been the best car I have ever owned for the purpose if back & forth to work, grocery getting, taking the kids to swimming etc. It gets 375 mi to a 15 gal tank regularly (I've bested 450 miles if I try hard). As for carving corners, I have never had so much fun and with only 130hp! On P195/60s too! But what I like best is the fact that this thing now has 120ooo near trouble free miles on the clock...something I have never been able to say about any of my American or 1 Euro-trash cars/pickups!

As for the hobbiest my buddy is a massive H fan, and I use to make fun of him untill the smack talking hit the pavement ops: ! He now boasts a 91 Civic (no options...not even a passenger side mirror) with an H22 Vtec engine. Factory 190HondaPower(from Japan, said J-spec), all for $9000 dollars (5G for car, 2G for engine & 2G for install/extras). He is currently running 250HP...this all with a weight of a Civic! So, I recap with a few interesting points...
starts & drives like a prelude...respectfully unlike any rumbly straightliner!
gets gas milage like an economy car!
eats Corvettes! for a fraction of a price!

As for the wannabes...go ahead laugh at the guys with the big wings (useful for drying your laundry off on the way home from the beach)
Just remind them..."Real race cars save it for the track" Street racing is for..."WANNABES"

:lol: My (toy) Lincoln would prefer a meal not a snack! :lol:
Old 01-20-2007, 05:36 PM

You know, guys, there have always been wannabees. There have always been guys who start a project and then just drive it the way it is. I remember seeing just as many primered Chevelles back then as I see primered Hondas today. People just do what's most important to them, be it in the HP department, handling, stereo, or looks.

There is noting new under the sun.

Well, except for the "donks."
Old 01-21-2007, 03:31 AM

you know i don't really have a problem with all the rice cars. i do think it's goofy, but with as much as ANY serious car modding costs i think modifying any car is hella goofy. Just not my thing. But it is theirs, so to each their own.

Only thing that really pisses me off is having to watch the news when one of these little punk "street racers" who has no idea how to drive wipes out into a full can and kills a family.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by poserpunk765
you know i don't really have a problem with all the rice cars. i do think it's goofy, but with as much as ANY serious car modding costs i think modifying any car is hella goofy. Just not my thing. But it is theirs, so to each their own.

Only thing that really pisses me off is having to watch the news when one of these little punk "street racers" who has no idea how to drive wipes out into a full can and kills a family.
Those little punks are always having accidents and killing each other and killing innocent pedestrians around here because of their street racing. Cops are now trying to crack down on them. Gives the rest of us who are serious about the hobby a bad name. At least when I want to race I go to the dragstrip.

I don't know when rice cars became cool, when I was in highschool we used to make fun of anyone who drove a Honda, Only the geeks drove Hondas. I don't even know how this whole thing about modifiing rice cars came about, just seems stupid to me. Why try to modify something that has no balls to begin with

You have to spend thousands of dollars, and turbocharge the s**t out of these little cars to get any kind of power out of them, and a four banger will never make as much torque as a V-8.

The only reason that I hate these cars is because these guys come to the dragstrip all cocky and act like they are fast, then they only end up running 15's or 14's, S**t, my Mustang ran 14's right from the factory
Old 01-22-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee
Quote:
Originally Posted by poserpunk765

Those little punks are always having accidents and killing each other and killing innocent pedestrians around here because of their street racing. Cops are now trying to crack down on them. Gives the rest of us who are serious about the hobby a bad name. At least when I want to race I go to the dragstrip.

I don't know when rice cars became cool, when I was in highschool we used to make fun of anyone who drove a Honda, Only the geeks drove Hondas. I don't even know how this whole thing about modifiing rice cars came about, just seems stupid to me. Why try to modify something that has no balls to begin with

You have to spend thousands of dollars, and turbocharge the s**t out of these little cars to get any kind of power out of them, and a four banger will never make as much torque as a V-8.

The only reason that I hate these cars is because these guys come to the dragstrip all cocky and act like they are fast, then they only end up running 15's or 14's, S**t, my Mustang ran 14's right from the factory
Awwww, come on, don't pull any punches! Tell us how you really feel.

Seriously, though, I'd still be on the American muscle car bandwagon if American auto makers made something I would like.

Like I said before, I've owned a bunch of American musclecars. Nowadays, they just don't stack up to what the foreign cars offer. I don't care for the styling of most American performance cars, and they usually cost more than I can afford. Plus, they just don't feel right to me.

One of these days, I wouldn't mind having one of the newer GTOs, but I drove one and it didn't have the tight feel that my WRX has.