User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Wilson cell phone antennae

Has anybody every used these before and how were the results. I am thinking of getting one and Pilot has them on sale right now. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about them?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member

I used one a few years ago,it worked well.
Since I have switched to verizon I don't need it anymore

Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Senior Board Member

I had one when running OTR and it worked very well. Would gain 2-3 bars on signal strength.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

I have one and don't gain a lot. Sometimes it helps. Have to consider where I run though.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Senior Board Member

If your using a analog signal, it will work good. Most cell company's coverage is digital now, so don't waste your money.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
If your using a analog signal, it will work good. Most cell company's coverage is digital now, so don't waste your money.
I live in the forest where my signal strength can jump all over. With a Motorola E815 from Alltel in my driveway I get 2 bars with the (digital) EVDO network. Plug in a Wilson model 301103 antenna I get 4 bars. 100% improvement.

BTW anyone use a repeater in thier home? I am thinking it might be the next step for me.

Danis A Wannabe
Old 01-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well gee. While my cell phone was tri-mode it defaulted to a digital signal whenever possible, which was about 95% of the time, and the signal strength improvements I had were regardless of the type of signal being recieved.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:
Well gee. While my cell phone was tri-mode it defaulted to a digital signal whenever possible, which was about 95% of the time, and the signal strength improvements I had were regardless of the type of signal being recieved.
Well gee, I wish I had magical phones like you guys do. I made the mistake of buying the antenna, and I guess my phones weren't the magical kind. Tried it with AT&t then Verizon, sprint and didn't notice a difference except in an analog area. .I then had a problem with a phone from sprint, and had to replace it and asked the Tech about the antenna and was told it doesn't really help with a digital signal but it was helping with the analog though, so this is why I posted this response. I have cingular now and wont even try it Isn't the Internet wonderful, you can say what ever you want, then everyone has to believe it. Its also a wonderful way to start fights and make yourself feel a little higher on the food chain...lol
My advice to the original poster is call the tech for your cell company and ask for yourself!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Well gee, I wish I had magical phones like you guys do. I made the mistake of buying the antenna, and I guess my phones weren't the magical kind. Tried it with AT&t then Verizon, sprint and didn't notice a difference except in an analog area. .I then had a problem with a phone from sprint, and had to replace it and asked the Tech about the antenna and was told it doesn't really help with a digital signal but it was helping with the analog though, so this is why I posted this response. I have cingular now and wont even try it Isn't the Internet wonderful, you can say what ever you want, then everyone has to believe it. Its also a wonderful way to start fights and make yourself feel a little higher on the food chain...lol
My advice to the original poster is call the tech for your cell company and ask for yourself!
Not trying to start anything, but I think this is an example of "Your Mileage May Vary". Ssoutlaw you got the results you got and the tech said what the tech said. Uturn2001 same thing on your results and I bet you can prove it too. I know I can prove my results as well.

Results each of us get will be different and depends on many factors. For example I sold cell phones from 05/2005 to 06/2006. Sold 2 Nextel phones to a customer. Both Motorola's a 560 and a 205. he came back to the store and told me that only one had service at his house. Oh Yea, it was the cheaper one. Swapped out the 560 for another 560, same result. He kept the 560 because it was "cool". To him that was more important than performance. That is all it takes to get different results.

Please remember I am trying to help, not trying to get flamed.
Dan Isa Wannabe
Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danisawannabe
Quote:
Not trying to start anything, but I think this is an example of "Your Mileage May Vary". Ssoutlaw you got the results you got and the tech said what the tech said. Uturn2001 same thing on your results and I bet you can prove it too. I know I can prove my results as well.

Results each of us get will be different and depends on many factors. For example I sold cell phones from 05/2005 to 06/2006. Sold 2 Nextel phones to a customer. Both Motorola's a 560 and a 205. he came back to the store and told me that only one had service at his house. Oh Yea, it was the cheaper one. Swapped out the 560 for another 560, same result. He kept the 560 because it was "cool". To him that was more important than performance. That is all it takes to get different results.

Please remember I am trying to help, not trying to get flamed.
Dan Isa Wannabe
I appreciate the the post back. Cell phones can be a real pain these days...lol