User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2007 Off to a stellar beginning already!

Well, seems the first few days of this year haven't been the best, luckwise. The 29th of December, I went to the local Discount Tire to price a pair of 315 series Nitto Drag Radials for my Mustang, and left from there to head to a female friend of mine's house. Well, on the way there, there was a very small hard object (looked almost like a chunk of concrete) in the road. I didn't have time to swerve and hit it, it didn't damage my car any, but blew out my left front tire, my spare wouldn't clear my front brake calipers (Baer Brakes)...so after awhile working at it, I got my car going back again thanks to a friend making a parts run to me, took it home for the night and grabbed my pickup. Kinda disgruntled b/c now apparently I'm buying 3 tires for it, instead of the original 2...I head off to her house. January the 1st, I decide going to Starbucks is the thing to do, so I head there (decided to take the mustang for some reason) , grab my drink and on the way home I'm noticing the back of the car feels squirrly while driving, I get back to the house and notice my right rear tire very low on air...so now that's a whole SET of EFFIN' tires I have to buy. I suck it up, and plan on doing so later in the week. Now...here's the kicker in all of this, I stopped by the parking lot where I keep my KW, and check on it since it's been sitting for a couple of weeks, start it up etc. Well, while doing a walk-around, I see a nail in each of the inside rear drive axle tires. I'm assuming someone did it intentionally, b/c the odds of picking up a nail in each in almost the same exact location is kinda slim.

So, 3 days into this year, and I am already having to buy 6 tires....I can tell it's going to be a good one for my wallet already :roll:

Old 01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I didn't have time to swerve and hit it
Well there's yer problem, you tried to hard to hit it!!! :lol:

My brother has a Mustang with "special" tires and rims and suspension on the front. He had a front go flat and could not put the donut on the front, wouldn't fit or something. He ended up taking a rear tire off and moved it to the front and put the donut on the rear so that he could get home. Keep that in mind if it ever happens again, might be somehting worth trying.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Senior Board Member

That's honestly what I did, lol...I just didn't want to sound ghetto! I did have fun driving home on that donut, it's amazing how little throttle it takes to break that tire loose in the first 3 gears. :shock:

Old 01-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Come on teal you know you got the money that aint nothing for ya lol :lol: :lol: But for real that does suck

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Teal I feel your pain and mine started on December 29th also.

I finally did it, instead of buying yet another new truck off the dealer's lot I ordered my own. Every option I ever wanted and then some. This thing is set up great. I picked up my dream truck on the 29th and I put it on the road on the 2nd.

First day out and I have a flat tire, leaky valve stem. No big deal, new trucks always have hick-ups. Also the hose off the turbo kept blowing the clamp off, no big deal, just tightened and rearranged it a bit.

Then this morning, a fresh start on a fresh day until about a half hour from my house...Thats when Bambi decided that my front bumper was too straight. Going about 25mph down a ramp at 5am, fully loaded she ran out in front of me and before I knew it I felt a thud then felt the right side of the truck run her over. I got the truck stopped ok, got out and looked and my nice new shiny truck needs a nice new shiny bumper AND I got to pull Bambi off the road. At least the hood survived intact.

I might need to get an exorcism done on my truck.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey maryland that only happens to new trucks if you still had your old one the deer would have waited for ya.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, I've been meaning to pull the car off the road and yank the motor to fill in all the holes in the engine bay etc., so I'm using this as an excuse to do it now. I realized what made that right rear tire go flat, was that with the donut on the left side the angle fo the axle now was causing the tire to rub against my exhaust and the body of the car on the inside of the wheelwell...and, it ended up slicing the tire.

Amazing how things can snowball like that lol.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I know the feeling looking at major shoulder surgery soon need to have a pin driven into my right one to keep it from coming apart. I hate having Epilepsy every seizure causes me to do more damage to it the next one is going to cause me end up on the table having that pin driven in then having all the ligaments reattached with screws. OUCH :sad:
Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Board Icon

Teal, you didn't hear it rubbing on the body??
Old 01-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Senior Board Member

No sir. B/c my tires are so wide, and my car is so low, somtimes going into turns with passengers I can hear the body scrape on the top of the wheel...there was no sound for this. I'm not going to roll fenderwells or anything, so I'm probably going to have to step down a size in rear tires.

What year Mustang does your brother have?