User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default You Won't Believe This But!

CALLING ALL TRUCKS :!: :!: :!:

With over (30) yrs of O-T-R driving I of all people should have known better, but I allowed my own greed to control my actions.
That is to say I became involved with a small carrier based out of Seattle,WA two years ago, first as a company hand than then as an O/O (lease purchase), to make a long story short, I had a heart attack while on a run to Florida, and I was rushed to the VA in Houston, where I underwent emergency open heart surgery, after two months in the Hospital, I returned to trucking, this past September I was again ruched to Hospital in Phoenix, AZ (more heart problems), then the next thing I knew the company seized my rig, and then sold everything and the owners left the US for parts unknown in the South Pacific, I am now not only unemployed (my CDL has been suspended by the DMV) and I am not only unemployed but also homeless, I am living in a shelter and trying to file for Social Security Disability but it takes forever. Please done allow this to happen to you.
I am about at my wits end. not sure what to do and would appreciate any guidance w3which any one might have to offer.
my e-mail address is:
[email protected]
my cell phone No. is (602) 390-3434 (however I am out of minutes and cant afford top purchase any from Virgin Mobile.
my mailing address is:
Joseph F. Walker, Jr.
c/o Gift of Mary Home/Shelter
1406 South 17Th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Be safe and have a hapy new year.

[/b]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Not to be mean or anything but sometimes we get shady stuff on here and this seems a little fishy to me. If you are in a homeless shelter and have no money how do you have a computer to access the internet? I would imagine if someone ended up homeless and had no money but had a computer that they would sell it to help get by? Anyways, best of luck to you
Old 01-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
Not to be mean or anything but sometimes we get shady stuff on here and this seems a little fishy to me. If you are in a homeless shelter and have no money how do you have a computer to access the internet? I would imagine if someone ended up homeless and had no money but had a computer that they would sell it to help get by? Anyways, best of luck to you
I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions, here!!

A public library would provide access for a computer as well as internet access. I didn't read anything about him asking anyone for a handout!!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

I googled the address and it looks legit. And plus I suppose someone could go to the local library to access the internet, so maybe this is legit.

Your stuck all by yourself in Phoenix? You don't have any family or friends that can help you out anywhere? Maybe you could find some job that pays under the table to help you get back on your feet while your disability is kicking in. If it were me I'd find anything to do to make money, well not everything, I wouldn't whore myself out :lol: I hope things start getting better for you.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless

A public library would provide access for a computer as well as internet access. I didn't read anything about him asking anyone for a handout!!
I was writing my post when you posted . You are right though, I didn't think about the library at first
Old 01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Guidence? Ok, Here goes.

Step 1. Focus on your life....Stay positive. You saying youre at your wits end is not helping you and you are feeling sorry for yourself, which isnt going to help. You are in control of your own life and only YOU can fix it. I do not mean this negative but the situation you are in in caused by bad choices you made in the past. The solution....START MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES.
Step 2: Make a plan. Figure out the way to help yourself be self suppportive. Start by earning a little. You are in Phoenix. There are plenty of places around you right now where illegal aliens go to find day work. Find them and spend a few days a week working and earning. Dont spend that money, save it. You are in a place now where you can live and eat for free. Put that money away. Dont be wasting it on crap like overpriced "virgin moble minutes" Spend another few days a week looking for work. There are tons of places hiring right now. Espeicially in arizona where the economy is great. Forget about driving right now. Walmart is always hiring, Fast food is always hiring. Warehouses are always hiring. Find something that pays and save money.
Step 3: In no time you will have enough money to rent a small place or even a room somewhere. You are now back on track. Any of those jobs I listed will have offered health insurance. Hopefully you would have been smart enough to purchase it. If so, you now have a small income, a place to live and health insurance. Time to start working on getting your CDL back.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER

I would-read his other post looking for somebody to Finance a Truck for him.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
I would-read his other post looking for somebody to Finance a Truck for him.
Ohhh-Kayyy!!!

So, a week ago he was living in a homeless shelter, with his CDL suspended, and now, just a week later, he's wanting a financial backer to start a trucking company??

I had not even botherd to look at the T/T Financing thread untill you pointed that out!!

Something doesn't quite add up here, does it??