User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Why Does Carter Think that People Are Stupid?

Jimmy (The goober farmer) Carter, writes a book (supposedly) with an idiotic, insulting title to "spark debate" and then instantly refuses to talk about it? Why Do liberals do this?

Former President Carter turned down a request to debate Alan Dershowitz about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, saying the outspoken Harvard law professor "knows nothing about the situation."

Then how about using this debate to "enlighten him and the rest of us?

Carter, author of a new book advocating "peace not apartheid" in the region, said he will not visit Brandeis University to discuss the book because the university requested he debate Dershowitz.

Who has been requesting the debate?

"I don't want to have a conversation even indirectly with Dershowitz," Carter said in Friday's Boston Globe. "There is no need ... to debate somebody who, in my opinion, knows nothing about the situation in Palestine."

Again, this book is opinion.. so prove the case or shut the F*** up!

The school's debate request, Carter said, is proof that many in the United States are unwilling to hear an alternative view on the nation's most taboo foreign policy issue, Israel's occupation of Palestinian territory.

Or it was you chance to prove the case of your book

Carter brokered the 1978 Camp David peace accord between Israel and Egypt and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002. He said the goal of his book, "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid," is to provoke dialogue and action.

"There is no debate in America about anything that would be critical of Israel," he said.

The reference to "apartheid," the word for South Africa's former system of state-sanctioned racial segregation, has angered some rabbis because it appears to equate that system with the treatment of Palestinians.

This could be because the Apartheid term is simply inflammatory terms used to slander Israel?

"President Carter said he wrote the book because he wanted to encourage more debate; then why won't he debate?" said Dershowitz, a vocal First Amendment advocate who has worked for O.J. Simpson and other high-profile clients.

That's NEVER what Carter wanted, thats what he SAID he wanted! There's a difference in the liberal mind.

Brandeis was founded in 1948 as a nonsectarian university under the sponsorship of the American Jewish community. Carter said he initially was interested in going there.

"I thought it would be a good idea to go to a campus that had a lot of Jewish students and get a lot questions," he said. But then the initial proposal evolved into a plan for a debate.

:roll:

THIS is why Carter failed as a President and as a leader. He talks tough but when its time for the metal to hit the meat.. he runs the hell away pointing at the other guy crying like baby... SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY! If you write a book claiming that it is to foster discussion and debate and THEN run from the debates.. why should anyone take this as anything but more Anti-Jew-Pro Terror rhetoric from the same liberal mouthpiece?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Carter thinks we're stupid because we elected HIM after all. :P
Old 12-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Senior Board Member

After Nixon, J Fred Muggs could have been the President. Carter is (or was) a great MAN.. he is not a leader and he has now obviously gotten to the senile stage and has become an embarrassment and DANGER to the United States

AND I should add that the world has changed quite a bit since This old fool was elected.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Jimmy Carter is a douche bag, a failure to say the least, anyone old enough to remember 21% interest rates ? ops:
Old 12-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Senior Board Member

I know that his book "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid" has been roundly criticized, even by the most liberal Democrats such as Nancy Pelosi!!
Old 12-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

In his book, he is attempting to reshape History to the outcome he wanted. Totally oblivious to the truth and fact he is fooling no one.

:shock: Wow...I see an insidious disease which seems to be inflicting our Presidents. Bush is suffering a terminal case as well. This DeNile Virus is bipartisanlly ensconced in the fabric of our Goventment.

Side effects may include memory loss, preverted behavior, delusions of granduer, unethical tendancies, stall/spin/decieve thought process, and self-righteousness. See your Doctor if conditions persist.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Senior Board Member

I am not a Carter fan, and believe him to be a few bricks shy of a full load. He was awarded the Nobel Peace prize because he "worked tirelessly for peace.....", which puts him in the same camp as Yassar Arafat, another "winner"..
I give thanks daily that I was not awarded such a prize. :lol:

But I listened to Carter the other day being interviewed by Tavis Smiley (another lightweight). And he does a fair job of defending himself. Whether he is right or wrong on all the facts of this particular issue is hard for me to tell, but I suspect he is wrong again. For instance, he says the current lull in suicide bomber activity in Isreal is because the Palastinenians have declared a truce! Has nothing at all to do with a wall because, as he says, he could "throw a basebal over that wall if he wanted"..... :? He contines on the say that the wall is just a land grap be Isreael.....I just don't think so.

He does allow himself to be interviewed, it seems. Just not by anyone who wishes to challenge him.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Why Does Carter Think that People Are Stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Jimmy (The goober farmer) Carter, writes a book (supposedly) with an idiotic, insulting title to "spark debate" and then instantly refuses to talk about it? Why Do liberals do this?

GH: Many Truckers come from farm backgrounds. Why is being a goober farmer worse than being an Oil Baron? Why does ONE man's actions represent ALL Liberals to you? And Carter, BTW, has written several books. How many have YOU written?

Former President Carter turned down a request to debate Alan Dershowitz about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, saying the outspoken Harvard law professor "knows nothing about the situation."

Then how about using this debate to "enlighten him and the rest of us?

Carter, author of a new book advocating "peace not apartheid" in the region, said he will not visit Brandeis University to discuss the book because the university requested he debate Dershowitz.

Who has been requesting the debate?

GH: Not Carter. He was requesting a discussion with young Jewish people. Not a debate with a Jewish lawyer who would twist his words around.

"I don't want to have a conversation even indirectly with Dershowitz," Carter said in Friday's Boston Globe. "There is no need ... to debate somebody who, in my opinion, knows nothing about the situation in Palestine."

Again, this book is opinion.. so prove the case or shut the F*** up!

GH: It may be "opinion," but it is the opinion of a former PRESIDENT, who should KNOW a thing or two of which he speaks. Has Dershowitz ever been President? Or won the Peace Prize?

The school's debate request, Carter said, is proof that many in the United States are unwilling to hear an alternative view on the nation's most taboo foreign policy issue, Israel's occupation of Palestinian territory.

GH: Although, I am a staunch supporter of Israel, it is very evident to me that this is EXACTLY the viewpoint of MANY in our country.... that they cannot "discuss" rationally the issue of our support of Israel. It is the typical "conservative" attitude that it is "our way or the Highway!" It is also at the very HEART of our problems with the Muslim Terrorists today! Surely YOU are not so blind that you can't see that!?

Or it was you chance to prove the case of your book

Carter brokered the 1978 Camp David peace accord between Israel and Egypt and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002. He said the goal of his book, "Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid," is to provoke dialogue and action.

GH: Yes, don't forget, that without that accord, EGYPT would still be engaged in this war of anti-semitism/anti-Americanism.

"There is no debate in America about anything that would be critical of Israel," he said.

GH: Like it or not... this is a true statement.

The reference to "apartheid," the word for South Africa's former system of state-sanctioned racial segregation, has angered some rabbis because it appears to equate that system with the treatment of Palestinians.

GH: By definition, this is extremely close to what the Israeli's have done to the Palestinians living within "their" sanctioned territory. I'm not saying it is right or wrong. But, it is a fact.

This could be because the Apartheid term is simply inflammatory terms used to slander Israel?

GH: No... It is "descriptive" of a policy. Something intelligent people can see. You, obviously, have a problem with that. Especially, since you have no problem coloring ALL Democrats as "Liberals."

"President Carter said he wrote the book because he wanted to encourage more debate; then why won't he debate?" said Dershowitz, a vocal First Amendment advocate who has worked for O.J. Simpson and other high-profile clients.

GH: So... now you're defending a defender of O.J. Simpson? I don't blame Carter for not wanting to debate someone who believes O.J. was innocent.

That's NEVER what Carter wanted, thats what he SAID he wanted! There's a difference in the liberal mind.

GH: No offense.... but you don't know SQUAT about the "liberal mind."

Brandeis was founded in 1948 as a nonsectarian university under the sponsorship of the American Jewish community. Carter said he initially was interested in going there.

"I thought it would be a good idea to go to a campus that had a lot of Jewish students and get a lot questions," he said. But then the initial proposal evolved into a plan for a debate.

:roll:

GH: I understand this completely. The only way to start a dialogue about Israel and those who oppose it, is to speak with young Jewish minds. NOT to have a debate with a Jewish lawyer committed to upholding the "Sanctity" of the Jewish state.

THIS is why Carter failed as a President and as a leader.

GH: Oh....he failed, did he? Yeah, I know that He AND his Military leaders were unprepared for the first volley in the war on terrorism. So what? Did YOU see it coming? Did Nixon or Ford? But, when faced with it, he tried to make a lasting peace. And he was recognized for it with the Nobel Prize. Have YOU got one? Has the peace between Israel and Egypt lasted? How about our relations with Jordan? A country right next to Israel? How are we doing in the area under the Bush dynasty?

He talks tough but when its time for the metal to hit the meat.. he runs the hell away pointing at the other guy crying like baby...

GH: You have PROOF of this? Or is this just MORE conservative rhetoric? How do you know what this world would be like today if someone "dedicated" to peace had remained in office? Is this world so much better today under "conservative" leadership?? If you think so.... you've just answered the question in the thread title!

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY! If you write a book claiming that it is to foster discussion and debate and THEN run from the debates.. why should anyone take this as anything but more Anti-Jew-Pro Terror rhetoric from the same liberal mouthpiece?

[b]GH: I think he said what he meant pretty clearly. I haven't read the book, but I think I know his beliefs. There is a HUGE difference between "discussion" and "debate." And I don't blame him for not wanting to waste his time with someone who is allready of the mindset that anything this former President of the U.S. has to say is "Anti-Jew-Pro Terror rhetoric from the same liberal mouthpiece."

This kind of "narrow minded" "exclusatory" RHETORIC from the far right, is EXACTLY why your party is now in the minority in Congress. (and HAS been for all but 12 of the last 50 years!) Clearly 2/3 rds of America is TIRED of it!!!

In fact.... YOUR response to this is EXACTLY what Pres. Carter has no time for. Fozzy, I think you're an intelligent man, but in THIS case, you PROVE the point of why Carter won't accept a "debate" with Dershowitz, and why "I" am wasting my time with YOU!

But, Hey.... have a Merry Christmas anyway!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Senior Board Member

How many times did Carter insist that this was about opening dialogue and debate? Debate was one of the things that he offered up SEVERAL times in the article. So did he not mean it? Was he "lying"? Did he say debate and mean something else?

He is the same old Carter, unless he can be somewhere where he can sit across from some media brown-noser who offers nothing but total agreement and maybe a few easily dodged softball questions, he will not appear.

The Egypt thing is a total revisionist farce also, Egypt was pretty well over with the costs and losing face by losing ground and troops to Israel EVERY time they attempted to attack THEM, they were easily convinced to make peace because they where totally outclassed and beaten. Of course Sadat was instantaniously murder by the radicals when he made the deal. Carter pretty much pulled the trigger on him.

Were is Carter's great peace diologue on convincing the young Palestinians to change their minds? Carter has proven himself to be a patsy and gulible SUCKER for the radical muslims time and time again.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:05 AM
Rookie

Unfortunately we are for the most part "stupid".
We are too busy watching American dance stars ( or whatever!? ) to be bothered with the truth.
And you cant get straight reporting from the Phoney News Papers or the Illigitimate Network News on TV because everyone has an agenda & it dosent include doing the right thing for the average American.
But it isnt just the LEFT that are screwing us. The RIGHT is sticking it in & breaking it off too. ( I like to use Phil Hendrie analogies as often as possible :lol: )
The only difference in the LEFT & the RIGHT these days is the RIGHT is taking us to hell in a handbasket while the left is taking us to hell in a jet!
So say we all! Or me anyway...