User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2006, 04:07 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Car Haulers on 95...

Okay, so I've been in Washington DC visiting my brother for a week, and we ran down 95 to Raleigh, NC for some diving for a few days. About 25 miles north of Richmond, VA we get in behind a car hauler plated out of Florida headed SB and moving quite nicely. Now, my brother drives like a maniac, so I figured we'd be around this guy in no time. But then, this driver speeds up and is cruising at 80 mph through Richmond. After leaving town to the south, he speeds up to 90-95, and keeps it up all the way to the 64 in NC, which is where we got off, and he kept on heading south. So... is this normal? I never got a chance to run the eastern side when I was OTR, but this seems kinda nuts. Oh, and by the way, this guy was LOADED! It was an old beat-up white Freightshaker Classic, and boy was it ugly, but man that thing could move. Just didn't seem to be too safe to be cruising at 90+... Oh, and by the way, finally got to see some TMC trucks in person, they are NICE, especially for company trucks.

West_Coaster (Temporarily East_Coast, until tomorrow)
Old 11-15-2006, 06:09 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

What is this about anyway?
First off...y'all were committing a crime as well....nice...real nice. :evil:

Can't believe you seriously want to know if the actions based upon one moron behind the wheel of a CMV committing a felony is normal behavior.

BOTH drivers (your brother included) are committing serious traffic violations and should have been arrested, and your vehicles impounded.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:16 AM
Board Icon

Okay...I just looked up your profile...and you are a 9-1-1 Dispatcher, and work with Law Enforcement....so what's up?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Board Icon

Ok, that is not too abnormal for this area West Coaster. Company trucks are between 65-70 but a good number of O/O like you prolly saw flat get it down the road thru here. Even the 4 wheelers average about 75-80 in a 65 zone. I remember following an O/O flatbed one day who was loaded, he was averaging 85 mph and zigzagging thru traffic without letting up. Good thing it was years before I became a truck driver myself or I would have called in on him.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Maybe it was a Mexican? ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! everyone run!!!! :roll:
Old 11-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Senior Board Member

To answer your question, i see alot of car haulers basically flying down that stretch of 95-- also 85 in NC and i40 across NC.... cant answer why that is though
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
Okay...I just looked up your profile...and you are a 9-1-1 Dispatcher, and work with Law Enforcement....so what's up?

OMG, i can't stop laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

..............i need a tissue to dry my eyes :lol: :lol:
Old 11-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Senior Board Member

There are alot of Dealer auctions thru that area on the east coast, and different markets. Certain vehicles will bring alot more in the south and other vehicles will bring more in the north. So dealers are buying nice rust free cars from Florida and sending them up north and they bring a premium. Other dealers will buy the 2wd suv's and trucks that don't bring alot in the North and send them down south were they will bring more money. Cars are always being recirculated from the North to South/South to North.
Brokers will buy truckloads of cars in the South and send them North, they might buy 9 cars in Florida on Tuesday and need them to be at a New Jersey sale on Thursday. Or vis versa going North to South. You might consider those cars time critical freight, if they don't make it to the sale they will have to sit for a week till the next week's sale or haul them to a different sale. The last thing a broker wants is for money to be sitting.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
There are alot of Dealer auctions thru that area on the east coast, and different markets. Certain vehicles will bring alot more in the south and other vehicles will bring more in the north. So dealers are buying nice rust free cars from Florida and sending them up north and they bring a premium. Other dealers will buy the 2wd suv's and trucks that don't bring alot in the North and send them down south were they will bring more money. Cars are always being recirculated from the North to South/South to North.
Brokers will buy truckloads of cars in the South and send them North, they might buy 9 cars in Florida on Tuesday and need them to be at a New Jersey sale on Thursday. Or vis versa going North to South. You might consider those cars time critical freight, if they don't make it to the sale they will have to sit for a week till the next week's sale or haul them to a different sale. The last thing a broker wants is for money to be sitting.
All true...but it is still no excuse for the drivers to be running like maniacs there (or anywhere else for that matter)!!!

Even though many DO!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Board Icon

ben, he just happened to see a parking lot really moving it down the road. It isn't just those guys, it's most all O/O's blasting down 95. I had a dry van the other day hang it out in left lane where he isn't supposed to be in the first place, in my pickup, I was sitting on 85 just to keep up with him. Get over on I-81 and it isn't as bad because no matter how fast they go, they only have 2 lanes and will catch slower traffic and get hung up quicker.