Old 11-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt
Yes...aren't they though.

Click the "other articles" (?) link at the top of any of those pages and you'll find parts 8 and 9 along with several others he's written.
Thanks.. I will do :wink:

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 11-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wot i life
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt
Do not be afraid Neo...go ahead...take the red pill.
Very interesting reading there.
Wot: did you read ALL seven parts? I did. I wonder how many of our "tin foil hat wearing" brothers made it past, let alone THROUGH, even the first page?

I've never been able to make it all the way through the movie "The Matrix." Like the author said, I just saw it as computer aided sci-fi. Of course, I never managed to catch it from the beginning, and NEVER understood, really, what was the attraction.

I think, now, I'll have to watch it - and its sequels.

But, more likely, I will research some of the info from THIS article that I am not already familiar with. (And of course, parts 8 & 9.)

Hats off to ya, dpatt! That was a great read!

I only have ONE problem with the whole concept, and that is the colors of the pills are, in fact, reversed from reality.

Seems to me, all the denizens of the RED states, have swallowed the BLUE pill! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo

Wot: did you read ALL seven parts? I did.
I did read the seven listed, Hobo;But was left thirsting to read more of the same (And would,nt it be a more interesting read if there were one or two pictures of that delectable latex clad matrix girl :shock: :lol: )

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 11-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Board Icon

Wot: I would be interested to know more about how such "theories" or "realities" are viewed by our British friends. To wit, is this kind of thinking more prevalent in "the Empire?" or in Europe? (as opposed to the Colonies?) Or do those with a more intellectual grasp on the true motives at work in the World get equally insulted, bashed, run out of town on a rail with a tinfoil hat comment "over there?"

Don't feel like you HAVE to respond. After all, the prejudices at work on this board might diminish your standing, should you answer truthfully. It was, more or less, a rhetorical question.

Now that the Monarchy has been relegated to a figurehead at best, (and a mockery if your avatar stands as evidence,) what advantages or disadvantages do you see for a Parliamentary form of government over what WE have?

Inquiring minds want to know. [Republicans, of course, can just "change the channel."]

Old 11-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheRoad
I almost thought about reading this copy and paste post until I scanned over this statement.....

Can George W. Bush be trusted with absolute power? Here are some things he has done with his unchecked power:

· Stolen two presidential elections.

oops.... the author went right off the deep end with that statement. Sorry I'm not into conspiracy theories. :wink:
Ya notice how neither of these two morons want to touch that one? :wink:
I am so sick and tired of listening to people cry like babies over how GWB supposedly stole the election. :evil:
Assuming that "I" am one of the two morons you insult, I will tell you that I didn't want to "touch it" because it is a nonstarter.

Anyone who thinks all the evidence that has been shown that those elections COULD or MIGHT have been stolen, and still "tunes out" whenever they hear those words, is not serious about discussing the political morass in our country today, and would have NO usefull insight into how to change it. Let alone any valuable information concerning the integrity of our election process.

I don't agree with everything that is said about how or IF those elections were stolen, but I am willing to explore the possibilities given the circumstances, AND the many affidavits pertaining thereto.

You, on the other hand, choose to ignore the realities, and by doing so, show your indifference to, if not outright contempt for, our Constitution and the necessity of safeguarding it for prosperity.

You've readily drank the Bush Koolaid, swallowed the "blue pill" and can't stand the possibility that the facts might contradict your blind belief in whatever the government TELLS you to believe.

By their OWN admission and stated objectives, the terrorists have allready gotten out of YOU exactly what they wanted. You should continue to consider yourself a "proud American," regardless of the fact that you have no inkling of the questioning mind nor revolutionary spirit that was so characteristic of our founding fathers and patriots.

Hobo

Old 11-04-2006, 02:29 AM

For all the moaning and groaning going on in this thread, I have yet to see one practicle solution offered to cure whatever it was you think is the problem in the first place!

I guess GWB is going to get blamed for everything wrong in the world. Okay fine. Vote him out, get the next one in and we can blame him for awhile! I don't really care if he's a dem or rep, just so we got someone to blame!

Some of you are still concered GWB stole the election. Old stuff, history, get over it. He shouldn't have absolute power, tuff. He's allready got it. As commander in chief, and the duly(?) elected boss, he has command of the most destructive force the world has ever known, ie a nuke arsenal with enuff force to wipe out the world as we know it. I still sleep good at night, how you doing?

I've seen some comments of concern for the fate of terrorists. Last time I checked, no terrorist group has ever agreed to, signed or had anything to do with the Geneva Accord or accepted "rules of war". They are outlaws by any definition, therefore they operate outside any rule of law, they've effectively lost any rights of law.

Speaking of rights, you may have to consider, for the security of yourself and yours, that some your so called rights may have to be compromised.
If the NSA feels the need to listen in on my phone, or check this post to see if I'm planning on overthrowing the gov't next week, I'm not happy about it, but if that's what it takes (and I don't see any other effective way to do it), so be it. If another 9/11 could be headed off by unrestricted monitering of phones/internet, I don't think I'd want to stand in the way of that, would you?

I see a lot of reasons why we're in the situation we now face with plenty of blame for all. Consider if you will the fact that the CIA was pretty well castrated back 15-20 yrs ago, which led to the present day inability to accuratly gather information regarding (for example) WMD's in Iraq, does he have 'em, or not? The inspectors sent by the UN never determined for sure the status of those weapons. The only solution, send the troops, check it out.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpersons
For all the moaning and groaning going on in this thread, I have yet to see one practicle solution offered to cure whatever it was you think is the problem in the first place!

I guess GWB is going to get blamed for everything wrong in the world. Okay fine. Vote him out, get the next one in and we can blame him for awhile! I don't really care if he's a dem or rep, just so we got someone to blame!

Some of you are still concered GWB stole the election. Old stuff, history, get over it. He shouldn't have absolute power, tuff. He's allready got it. As commander in chief, and the duly(?) elected boss, he has command of the most destructive force the world has ever known, ie a nuke arsenal with enuff force to wipe out the world as we know it. I still sleep good at night, how you doing?

I've seen some comments of concern for the fate of terrorists. Last time I checked, no terrorist group has ever agreed to, signed or had anything to do with the Geneva Accord or accepted "rules of war". They are outlaws by any definition, therefore they operate outside any rule of law, they've effectively lost any rights of law.

Speaking of rights, you may have to consider, for the security of yourself and yours, that some your so called rights may have to be compromised.
If the NSA feels the need to listen in on my phone, or check this post to see if I'm planning on overthrowing the gov't next week, I'm not happy about it, but if that's what it takes (and I don't see any other effective way to do it), so be it. If another 9/11 could be headed off by unrestricted monitering of phones/internet, I don't think I'd want to stand in the way of that, would you?

I see a lot of reasons why we're in the situation we now face with plenty of blame for all. Consider if you will the fact that the CIA was pretty well castrated back 15-20 yrs ago, which led to the present day inability to accuratly gather information regarding (for example) WMD's in Iraq, does he have 'em, or not? The inspectors sent by the UN never determined for sure the status of those weapons. The only solution, send the troops, check it out.
I don't purport to blame 43 for everything that is wrong. I know that a lot of other people are to blame for our current situation.

Regardless of who we are fighting and whether or not they have not signed an agreement, does not negate the fact that we, in fact, signed the Geneva Convention. Them fighting in whichever manner they choose to does not prevent us from being the country others look up to. "Oh, look at America. They were blindsided on 9/11, yet they managed to fight their enemies with honor (we still teach that in basic, don't we?) no matter what." How will we fare when the world's opinion is so low of us that they will no longer carry our debt?

"Those who will give up freedom for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

"Implicit in the term 'national defense' is the notion of defending those values and ideas which set this Nation apart...it would indeed be ironic if, in the name of national defense, we would sanction the subversion of one of those liberties...which makes the defense of the Nation worthwhile."
--Chief Justice Earl Warren, US v Robel (1967)

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt, The Kansas City Star, May 7, 1918

The lack of large scale WMD finds (and the give up of the search for) in Iraq pretty much tells me what I need to know. Also, consider this quote by 43: "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - GW Bush, 3/13/02