User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default witnessed a truck stop hit 'n run

So here's the story. I'm at the Petro in Jackson, MS and it's abot 19:00. I'm waiting for a flatbed to back into a diganol spot and there's also a Celadon truck backing into one in front of the Idle Aire. I'm waiting in the aisle with my headlights off and markers on. A guy hops out of the Celadon truck to help the student (I assume) back into this pretty easy slanted parking space, plenty of room to work it up front. All the sudden I hear this loud "CRUNCH" I look over and the trainer is running back into the cab real quick like and the student is tearing azz out the parking lot. I grab my CB and start hollering over and over "BLOCK THE ENTRANCE CELADON JUST BASHED A TRUCK AND HE'S TRYING TO GET AWAY!" and someone in that lot (possibly at the Pilot) had a HUGE radio and was literally making monkey noises, over and over. Now I say he had a huge radio because I run a 90 watt radio myself and I couldnt get anyone to come back for at least 5 minutes.

This story does have a happy ending though, I did get a driver to give me the trailers license tag number and I provided that to someone at Celadon (he seemed clueless) as well as the Jackson PD and a county mounty.

Meanwhile the guys truck who got crunched was inside eating at the Iron Skillet and had an unpleasant suprise when he came out. :sad: Brand new US Xpress Volvo's bumper got smased to bits and headlight is toast.

So what's the moral of the story here folks?
Get Out And Look :!:

Always %100 of the time. What valid excuse can you give your fleet mgr. or that safety person as to why you didn't get out and look :?:

2 people are going to lose their jobs and have their DAC trashed and they are also going to face charges.

I'm thankful that I didn't have trainers like that at roehl.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 10-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Why didn't you call the Police Instead of Celadon?
Old 10-07-2006, 04:13 AM
Default Re: witnessed a truck stop hit 'n run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crete_drvr
This story does have a happy ending though, I did get a driver to give me the trailers license tag number and I provided that to someone at Celadon (he seemed clueless) as well as the Jackson PD and a county mounty.
That was the first call I made.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 10-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Just to clarify, Celadon isn't a training company. They take experienced drivers only. No students, no trainers. Not trying to say what that driver did by trying to leave was fine, because it's definetly not.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Just to clarify, Celadon isn't a training company. They take experienced drivers only. No students, no trainers. Not trying to say what that driver did by trying to leave was fine, because it's definetly not.
Well, they'll take you as long as you have 3 months OTR after completing a certified CDL training program. I guess that counts as "experienced". :wink:

http://www.driveceladon.com/cd_qualifications.htm

If there were two drivers in that Celadon truck, it was probably one of their teams.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackRatTDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
If there were two drivers in that Celadon truck, it was probably one of their teams.
It could also be a "solo" driver trying to train someone else "on the sly". I've heard of this before too. A guy tries to teach his girlfriend to drive, but has only been in the truck 6 months himself. If so, he sure can not have any kind of accident like that on his record. Having an "un-authorized" driver in his truck will certainly boost his career.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Senior Board Member

I witnessed someone backing in a spot and his trailer swung out a bit far scratching the trailer beside him and then take off...I didnt see the tag to report it, but i think a scratch like that is not a big deal and seems to happen often...all my co.s trailers have that kind of damage on them...as long as the rivets arent broken, weakening the trailer I think its trivial....