User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Did you see that truck driver's film of being attacked?

Did you see that Halliburton truck driver's film where the convoy is attacked?

Halliburton doesn't give them maps.

It is a really shocking ... amazing that he kept filming all this.

It's on NightLine.

He survived. He saw his fellow drivers in other trucks shot. The attackers were coming to his truck, he's been shot. He said he was past being terrified, that a peace came over him. He was ready to accept ...

and then he heard helicopters, and "death ran off," he said.

He kept filming while they took him and treated him.

Three months later Root, I fortget the name, but they fired him for getting hurt on the job.

When a reporter asked Halliburton about it, they said that all their employees know the ... I forget the word. And that all employees sign something accepting it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/

I think they have the video available. Of the interview along with the truck driver's film.
Karen Kline
Old 09-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Senior Board Member

What do you think?

Isn't it a bit horrifying that he was fired? The film is horrifying, right?

What do you think?
Karen Kline
Old 09-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The former CEO of Halliburtion Cheney calls the Democrats the party of cut and run. The way they Halliburtion treats the drivers is sicking fires the driver for not getting killed that video is going to be his way of saying Bend Over Here It Comes Again. We complain about our dispatchers here where we are safe but over in Iraq they have to worry about IED's everywere.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Senior Board Member

It does not matter what he signed, he can not stop a bullet from hitting him and he can not control the way our forces ran off and didn't stick around and defend him. I would be more upset about that then just getting fired. He can always get a new job and a safer one too like working with a civilian version of the EOD!!!!! lol
Old 09-29-2006, 08:44 PM

"Brig. Gen. Barnard Elliott Bee, Jr., exhorted his own troops to reform by shouting, "There stands Jackson like a stone wall. Rally behind the Virginians!" "

This was the Virginia National Guard that hauled a$$ out of there as fast as they could go??? So much for the Virginians... I guess lots has changed in 145 years. Cutting and running and leaving unarmed men to die to save their own hides. Their mission was to protect these guys, not haul a$$ at the first sign of trouble. Despicable. Somebody should have been court-martialed over this. If this is the way we're truly fighting the war, no matter so many folks say we're losing. "Stonewall" Jackson must be rolling over in his grave.

Helluva way to fight a war.

As General Curtis LeMay said, "Wars are won by killing the enemy. When you have killed enough of the enemy, they will stop fighting." 100 of those SOB's aren't worth the life of one of ours.

This makes me so mad I can't even see straight.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member

I only saw part of it- I didn't know he lived-very glad he did though. That was very eerie just to watch. I cannot even imagine...
Old 09-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sans Argonauts
"Brig. Gen. Barnard Elliott Bee, Jr., exhorted his own troops to reform by shouting, "There stands Jackson like a stone wall. Rally behind the Virginians!" "

This was the Virginia National Guard that hauled a$$ out of there as fast as they could go??? So much for the Virginians... I guess lots has changed in 145 years. Cutting and running and leaving unarmed men to die to save their own hides. Their mission was to protect these guys, not haul a$$ at the first sign of trouble. Despicable. Somebody should have been court-martialed over this. If this is the way we're truly fighting the war, no matter so many folks say we're losing. "Stonewall" Jackson must be rolling over in his grave.

Helluva way to fight a war.

As General Curtis LeMay said, "Wars are won by killing the enemy. When you have killed enough of the enemy, they will stop fighting." 100 of those SOB's aren't worth the life of one of ours.

This makes me so mad I can't even see straight.
There were just so many levels when I watched it... I mean, I started thinking about how many of those drivers have been killed. Going on 700, isn't it?

I wondered if the reason their deaths aren't covered on the news is so that their bosses can recruit more drivers.

I wondered how it could be possible that Halliburton doesn't give them maps... I mean... how is that possible? I wondered if they did that so that they couldn't be sued for giving bad maps... but then... I mean... they totally drop this driver, they tell him not to talk about it and then that's it.

I mean, do you think this driver will sue?

When I told the fellow who's been helping me with some major tasks around the house, he said he'd watched NightLine and he thought the National Guard guys didn't comd back because they are Guard, that they were thinking about their wives and kids, about how they thought they were National guard, for home duty, not a war.

I don't know.

I just didn't know what to think. I watched the whole show twice, once on telly, and then on the net at that link.

Thanks everyone, for sharing your thoughts.

When I read the remark mentioning Cheney... I thought that was what I thought...
Karen Kline
Old 10-01-2006, 07:22 PM

I am an x-halliburton employee and my first hand experience with them is mind boggling.There is no concern for your life there.It has been close to 20 years now since I quit and I still feel lucky to have left them with all my limbs intact and to still be alive.
One of the first jobs I went on I burnt the side of my ankle with caustic soda.I was given a shovel and told to shovel this powder into a tank,that was all the safety instructions I was given.I was not told what the stuff was I was working with and before I knew it I felt a burning sensation on my ankle and when I looked down the work boots that I wearing were almost completely dissolved and my skin was starting to go with it.After I got myself cleaned up the boss told me I should have known better,and to put on some rubber boots and get back to work and,being young and dumb that's what I did.(stupid me)
Like that Sprinstien song says "blind faith in your leaders will get you killed"I question everyone in authority now.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudawg
I am an x-halliburton employee and my first hand experience with them is mind boggling.There is no concern for your life there.It has been close to 20 years now since I quit and I still feel lucky to have left them with all my limbs intact and to still be alive.
One of the first jobs I went on I burnt the side of my ankle with caustic soda.I was given a shovel and told to shovel this powder into a tank,that was all the safety instructions I was given.I was not told what the stuff was I was working with and before I knew it I felt a burning sensation on my ankle and when I looked down the work boots that I wearing were almost completely dissolved and my skin was starting to go with it.After I got myself cleaned up the boss told me I should have known better,and to put on some rubber boots and get back to work and,being young and dumb that's what I did.(stupid me)
Like that Sprinstien song says "blind faith in your leaders will get you killed"I question everyone in authority now.
mudawg, that is a very disturbing account. It certainly makes it clearer to me how Halliburton could not give their drivers in Iraq maps.

I just had not been able to understand that. I mean, here in this country, maybe drivers should just pop into the local grocery store and buy a Rand McNally from near the check out counters.... but in Iraq... I can't imagine that drivers should be expected to find their own maps.

I sure wish you'd been able to sue them.
Karen Kline
Old 10-01-2006, 08:59 PM

It's one of those things that if I knew then what I do now,I sure wouldn't be sitting in a truck 2 thousand miles from home.Before you get to be old and wise you first have to be young and stupid.
Halliburton is an enourmous company with political ties so deep in this white house they can do to their employees whatever they want and no one can stop them,for now.Imagine if you pick up a load and get to the reciever and then tell them you think the load should pay ten times what you agreed on when you picked it up and they have no choice but to pay.This is what Halliburton is doing with every no-bid contract that is given to them by Chenney.How can you say there is no conflict of interest here when Chenney has got 31 million Halliburton dollars in his bank account??????