User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Truckers at the bottom of the pay scale

Hey Just have to say this I think this world needs to be turned around money wise. The people who keep this world turning and do dangerous jobs and risk there lives everyday should get paid the most what do you think? lol.

Football player - 6 year contract 62million

Actor/actress - 50million

Singer - 5million

doctors/nurses - 100,000 thousand

police/fire/paramedics - 40-50thousand

Truck drivers - 35 thousand to 50 thousand (something near that)

Ok I think it should be the other way around and have the football player making awhole lot less, and the drivers more like a basic salary of 100,000. if they could work that in somehow then this world would be a better place. Lol ( i know what i ask is a lot) but That would be sweet if it would happen.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:43 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I need my entertainer's on a daily basis. They help me get through my day. They make my job easier. They make me feel any emotion I need or want. I live for their new releases. I love my singers and actors, and worship my football players. I love hearing some music over and over, and even attempt to play it myself. They inspire me, and make my life better, so I am happy seeing them paid well. Entertainers for the most part have a short lived career. Some of course are the best of the best and have lifelong careers, but they are the minority.

Dollar for dollar, they touch more lives, and I think being one of them is harder work than it appears, and tougher than it looks. That is if you have the talent to begin with, and the many years of not making a dime to develop into the celebrity worth the big bucks...all on a gamble and no promise of tomorrow.

We have people in big business, even politics that have the ability to make enormous amounts of money. Any of these people are rare. On that same note...I can point out many singers and actors that barely make minimum wage.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
I need my entertainer's on a daily basis. They help me get through my day. They make my job easier. They make me feel any emotion I need or want. I live for their new releases. I love my singers and actors, and worship my football players. I love hearing some music over and over, and even attempt to play it myself. They inspire me, and make my life better, so I am happy seeing them paid well. Entertainers for the most part have a short lived career. Some of course are the best of the best and have lifelong careers, but they are the minority.

Dollar for dollar, they touch more lives, and I think being one of them is harder work than it appears, and tougher than it looks. That is if you have the talent to begin with, and the many years of not making a dime to develop into the celebrity worth the big bucks...all on a gamble and no promise of tomorrow.

We have people in big business, even politics that have the ability to make enormous amounts of money. Any of these people are rare. On that same note...I can point out many singers and actors that barely make minimum wage.
All a entertainer is an Court Jester over paid bum. with no Bering on my life or the world stage. I could care less then a rats tail about them far as my life is concerned I would love to see a new report of trucker had a child and is unable to see kid because of work to bring needed food to a town a 1000 miles away!

Illegitimis nil carborundum

Inter arma silent leges

Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Old 09-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Huh? :?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Senior Board Member

What do you mean-"Should be paid.."? :roll:
I believe, IN A FREE MARKET, you got paid what yo worth,not what it "should be", unless you are talking "government"! :P
Old 09-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman2
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog

All a entertainer is an Court Jester over paid bum. with no Bering on my life or the world stage. I could care less then a rats tail about them far as my life is concerned I would love to see a new report of trucker had a child and is unable to see kid because of work to bring needed food to a town a 1000 miles away!
Agreed
Old 09-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Supply and demand, baby. They keep talking about a driver shortage... but if that were the case then we'd ALL be making a lot more dough.

People LOVE their football and their movies. Brad/Angelina and Jennifer sell. Bubba Joe with his leather wallet attached to his belt by a chain doesn't (unless it's a cartoon).

And it is a free market. I think too many truckers sell themselves cheap- especially O/O who think $.80-$1.00/mile is the going rate.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Senior Board Member

And maybe you should go back and edit your subject line to:

Truckers at the bottom of the pay scale.

or

Truckers= $50k, Football= $1 million

Then people would know a little bit about what the post was about and click on it.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:07 AM
Rookie

I agree but soldiers need the pay raise more. They touch alot of lives and get the bad rep on the news and are not supported by the politicians that sent them there
Old 10-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Senior Board Member

...cry me a river for the "poor" entertainers.....can't wait for their next music release or movie....ha ha ha ha...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: