User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I will and do call in reckless truck drivers or four-wheelers, for they are risking my life and everyone elses. A speed limit is just that, a limit not a suggestion! Those who feel they need to speed 15-20mph over the speed limit need their licenses revoked and jail time to make them think about it. How fast are these idiots going to get there sitting in the back of a patrol car or in a coffin? What is with these idiot truck drivers who tailgate? Do they really think that there will not be the day that the car or truck in front of them will come to an abrupt stop? Someone who is speeding or tailgating in an 80,000lb truck and kills someone is a MURDERER, plain and simple! NO LOAD IS EVER WORTH ANOTHER HUMAN BEINGS LIFE!!!!!!! This may be harsh, but it is the truth. We all have the choice of to speed or not to speed, tailgate or not to tailgate. What was the choice you made today???????

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Board Icon

I have called a few times on drivers. I do not see it as snitching when your calling on them for doing something unsafe. If they don't use a turn signal, so what, 4 wheelers don't either, I don't call on that. When they pull up beside a car and run it off the road for no apparent reason, I will call.

I called on a Swift driver about 2 months ago who ran my wife off the road then ran up on some cars further up and nearly rammed both of them off the road. Was running better than 70 in a 60 zone which is quite fast for a Swift truck. She gave me all the info I needed, truck number and trailer number. Called Swift and it was taken care of right then and there.

Called on a Coke driver about 2 years ago who nearly rammed me from behind more than once even though I was stopping for a redlight that was red well before I got there. Then proceeded once we were stopped, to get as close as he possibly could to my rear bumper. He was about 2 feet and closing before the light went green and we took off. Got a call back from their Safety guy at the local delivery warehouse the driver was from. Thanked me for calling and said it wasn't the first time the driver had been called in on, but it was the first time they had a solid case against him because I am a driver myself who happened to be in my PMV instead of some irate 4 wheeler calling with a stupid complaint that made no sense and it would be the last time he was called in on as a Coke driver.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Senior Board Member

If I see something that makes the industry look really bad I am known to make a call into the company.

If I see something that is dangerous out on the highway I simply call the police with all the info I can gather.

I do try, before I call anyone, determine if the act was an accident or if it is a result of a deliberate negligent/stupid act.

We all make mistakes and I am not one of these people who will call in on someone just because their trailer drifts over the center line one time in 200 miles.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Senior Board Member

I was hauling radioactive contaminated waste across New Mexico back in 94'. Spent the night in Tucumcari and got up around dawn and headed west. Well before I hit Santa Rosa I noticed I was creeping up on another
truck who was having a hard time keeping it between the lines. I let him know over the CB I was about to pass but got no response. Sure enough when my front bumper got up to about his fifth wheel he started coming over. Next thing I know I'm tearing up the brush in the median while blowing my air horn and screaming at him over the CB to wake him up. Fortunately he did and he got back over. Came over the CB telling me he dropped his cigarette and wasn't paying attention. I told him buls**t, you fell asleep and I'm calling your company. Two "old timers" who were running east and saw much of what happen came on the radio and started giving me a load of s**t about how drivers don't turn in other drivers. I told them to f**k off. That's when I really started to lose most of my respect for the "old school" drivers.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Board Icon

Even if he did drop a cigarette, he needs to pull over to get it, not try and get it while still going down the road. He still deserved to be called on even if his story was true, what if it had been a tiny ol 4 wheeler beside him instead of another semi who was paying attention to their surroundings?? He would have run it over more than likely.