User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Almost messed up...

The other night, I hooked my set of pups together, supplied the trailers, applied the trailer brakes, and went back to test that I had air all the way to the back on both sides. When I got the dollies off the ground on the rear pup, the truck shifted forward slightly, and then it started rolling.

Guess what I forgot to do?

RUN, FAT BOY, RUN!!!

At least I figured out what was going on in a split second and sprinted for the cab. That really could have ruined my comeback. Off driving for three years, sent a load of hazmat rolling down the hill into the firehouse, looking for a new job. Will you hire me? Why not? :lol:

All's well that ends well. Nobody saw it, never happened. This is a made-up story.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Board Icon

Don't worry, you're not the only one that's done that. :lol:
It's funny how you turn on your air for your back trailer, and all of a sudden, it's rolling. It takes a second to realize.... :rofl:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Instead of running for the cab you could also snap the red gladhand off the back trailer. Assuming its just a slow roll you wont get run over.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7 View Post
Instead of running for the cab you could also snap the red gladhand off the back trailer. Assuming its just a slow roll you wont get run over.
... and it's funny as heck when a driver pulls that red air line off and doesn't realize that he forgot to set the trailer brakes (when uncoupling, that is).