User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Where's a cop when you need one?

Many years ago I drove for a company that was governed at 55mph (well not governed back then, we had tachographs). Yes, I hated that and know how annoying I was to all the other traffic. Its the speed limit in northern Ontario anyways, and back then a lot of trucks were only allowed to go 55. Had a line of traffic behind me and I knew it. I'm on single lane, two way traffic road, and a car is coming at me, getting fairly close and looks like he's heading for his right shoulder. No wonder, I look in my mirror and see I'm being passed. I hit the brakes and the car passing me just made it by. I'm thinking where's a cop when you need one? As it turns out, right on my back door. Soon as the car going the other direction went by, the cop passed me and had the dangerous car pulled over a short distance ahead.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:10 AM

There are times that I ask the same......and I am one.

Going to work one day in my pick-up, I had a car rocket by me at at least 80.....I was really hoping that a State Trooper would be in their usual RADAR spot....he wasn't. Another mile up the road, I spot the same car in the trees of an exit ramp. I stop and find the mother (driver) had been ejected ....unconscious but alive. Her passenger (14 yo daughter) was still alive (luckily) and also unconscious. Daughters head impacted a solid pine tree that the car slid into. I remember crawling in the car and holding the daughters head/c-spine to prevent any further injury. It was the middle of summer and temps were nearing 100....it was hot as sh#t in that car. Daughter began siezing as the medics arrived...this is never a good sign. And it took, what seemed forever, for the medics and FD to respond.....probably 8-10 minutes from my call to dispatch....but that is about normal...it just seemed like forever. To the best of my knowledge, both survived......BY THE GRACE OF GOD. I always wondered and never followed up on it...how the daughter is doing because of her moms stupid driving.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyandpuppy View Post
There are times that I ask the same......and I am one.

Going to work one day in my pick-up, I had a car rocket by me at at least 80.....I was really hoping that a State Trooper would be in their usual RADAR spot....he wasn't. Another mile up the road, I spot the same car in the trees of an exit ramp. I stop and find the mother (driver) had been ejected ....unconscious but alive. Her passenger (14 yo daughter) was still alive (luckily) and also unconscious. Daughters head impacted a solid pine tree that the car slid into. I remember crawling in the car and holding the daughters head/c-spine to prevent any further injury. It was the middle of summer and temps were nearing 100....it was hot as sh#t in that car. Daughter began siezing as the medics arrived...this is never a good sign. And it took, what seemed forever, for the medics and FD to respond.....probably 8-10 minutes from my call to dispatch....but that is about normal...it just seemed like forever. To the best of my knowledge, both survived......BY THE GRACE OF GOD. I always wondered and never followed up on it...how the daughter is doing because of her moms stupid driving.
About 3 years ago I was driving through Baton Rouge when 2 idiots on crotch rockets passed me. They were hot-doggin it through midday traffic like Han Solo through the asteroid field. They were passing between cars on the zipper and passing on the left shoulder. Seconds later, Baton Rouge PD lit em' up. I was laughing so hard, I woke up my co-driver! I hope he hooked em' up!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Crossing LA on I-10, we had a car pass us like we were standing still. Not only us (My wife and I were running team back then), but the station wagon in front of us. It turned out to be an un-marked. As soon as the 4-wheeler got back into the right lane, he turned his lights on too. Interstate hiway, no traffic coming from the front, but we were doing the speed limit. That one was most definitely speeding.