User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile got wateR?

this was in 2001 before i got my cdl lol. was delivering bottled water out here in jersey. was a good paying job based on commision. i was flying around making my stops.(about 100 a day) was in a rush like always and forgot to close the doors on the entire side of the truck. i get in fire her up and hit the highway( a busy one) well as i made that turn to get onto the highway about 70 water missles coming shooting out the truck splattering all over the road. some rolled down the embankment others just came arrest in the middle of the road. definalty the most embarrising thing ever to happen. the only thing is i didnt realize it till i got to my next stop a few minutes away and realized i has no bottles left. i just stood there for 10 minutes scraching my head. a tad bit later i recieved a phone call on my cell from the boss asking if i was a little short on bottles... ummmmmmmmmm... drving back there and having to fetch all them bottls as traffic looked on was thrilling. interesting day

same job prolly a few months later parked the truck got out put my bottles on the cart and proceeded into the office complex. for whatever reason i glance back at the truck and noticed it had moved a few feet and had ideas of moving a few more. as my heart locks up i sprint back to the fleeing truck hop on the steps open the door and dive for the air brake. pssshhhhhhhhhhhh once again i sat there for 10 minutes trying to understand what the hell was wrong with me.

worked there for 3 years then i got a cdl been hauling flatbed since 2004. go figure
Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 PM

you scare me
Old 11-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKTOXICATED View Post
same job prolly
Prolly kills me LOL...........I don't know how to spell that word either.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:42 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKTOXICATED View Post
same job prolly a few months later parked the truck got out put my bottles on the cart and proceeded into the office complex. for whatever reason i glance back at the truck and noticed it had moved a few feet and had ideas of moving a few more. as my heart locks up i sprint back to the fleeing truck hop on the steps open the door and dive for the air brake. pssshhhhhhhhhhhh once again i sat there for 10 minutes trying to understand what the hell was wrong with me.

worked there for 3 years then i got a cdl been hauling flatbed since 2004. go figure
Wow! How did you ever get a CDL after all that? I wonder what was wrong with you too. Were you INKTOXICATED? LOL (Just razzin ya!)
I hope you learned more about cargo securement and being safe.

GO PACK
Old 12-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Rookie

just reminds me of somethin funny bout 4 years ago, was runnin a lot of air freight, as i turned a corner at o hare had to slam on the brakes, a huge azz metal air freight case was just sittin in the middle of the road, one bout half a truck length, was laughin for hours
Old 01-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Rookie

my grandpa drove for pepsi for 47 years....at one point he drove those smaller tractor trailers with the doors on the side that the load from the side

on his route one day he was in a store making a delivery and got a call that my grandma was in labor.....he rushed out of the store and took off toward the hospital, made a left turn as hundreds of bottles of pop flew out the side doors he forgot to close!

lol hes known for telling stories that are only half true but everyone in the family confirmed this one actually happened
Old 01-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Board Icon