Old 05-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyandpuppy View Post
Besides the criminals that I haul, LOL, I have transported a Barbary Coast Lion cub in the backseat of my police car. And for those that ask why I am here, I used to drive a straight truck delivering ice (20+years ago) and hope to get my CDL in a year or two when I retire. Trying to get some inside knowledge of the business.

And we thought that you were only her to gather intel on the trucking industry for the DOT.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
Once had a load going to Pueblo, CO, was labeled as air conditioner parts on the bills. Got to the destination, which was a military base, of which no one informed me I was going to a military base. Get inside they direct me to the warehouse. Stop, MP breaks the seals, I open the doors, look in, and much to my surprise I didn't know air conditioner parts where shaped like missile war heads, that clearly where labeled: US Military. Sat in the waiting area in the warehouse, which happened to have nothing but war heads. I said to the MP, "Interesting looking air conditioner parts" and he just ignored me. And this is a true story.
So, what's wrong with that? When one of them goes off, there's an opening for plenty of air-flow. No worse than the load of "STEEL FORGINGS" I hauled. They were steel forgings... They really were. But when it's the finished product, it's generally called "105 MM WARHEADS".

Also, hauled a load of "CYLINDERS". And, they certainly were cylinders. Went to White Sands. Inside the cylinders were missile guidance systems for testing. But, just try going out of route with one of those loads and see how fast you have company giving you correct directions.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Board Regular
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I hauled a big machine.. that looked like a drunken redneck welded it up out of 1" tubing and random electronics from penn (or somewhere ) down south. It filled the whole truck.. and 2 guys coulda picked it up. I used to REGULARLY haul 2 or 3 pallets from nc to dixon il on a dedicated run. And run back empty or with a pallet or two... gotta love "just in time"