User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Ahhh your story brings back memories.

This past winter I woke one morning to an outside air temp of 14f. That's fourteen degrees Fahrenheit. I went back to bed :lol:

My hat is off to you crazy Canucks, I could never stand running in extreme cold and fortunately now I don't have too. I guess I am getting soft in my old age or something
Old 07-12-2008, 04:02 AM

14F isnt that cold...oh ur marylandic...not minnesotan lol... :P

well, i had a scare...i just got my class a last dec...well the real snow didnt come til i was out of school...first a side note...the passenger side mirror on my truck was off a bit, so it made the trailer look as though it was angled to the right a bit...ok moving on. i was running i think soy beans(grain hopper) and i have just got done dumping when i had to visit the shop(i cant remember for what) well down the road beforehand visibility was at half a mile, mirrors icing, slushy, etc. well i got to the shop empty and had to disconnect my trailer to pull the tractor in. the work gets done and i open the door to pull out and the storm caught up to me. i get most of the snow out of the trailer glad hands and couple up.i dispatcher calls and says i can go home for the day...which involves me driving a good 9 miles just to get back to the yard. well im driving along freaking out because the storm had worsened and i look in my passenger mirror and i thought my trailer was drifting...i start chitting bricks and begin CAREFULLY, SLOWLY, to slow down...no effect, i turn my hazards on and creep just over centerline. not until i was oh a mile away from the yard do i remember the mirror is messed up...i wonder what the people behind me were thinking :|