User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I just saw Osama Bin Ladin and he's driving a Canadian truck

I just saw Osama Bin Ladin and he's driving a Canadian truck!!

was what I heard over the air after I unloaded a load of paper destined to become pringles can wrappers in Jackson, TN. It was my 2nd to last load I would ever haul for Roehl Transport that late October of last year.

I got a small chuckle out of it and thought nothing of thereafter. The ramp to I-40 was approaching and I headed eastbound heading home to Nashville.

The ole 03 9400i made it to its governed speed of 65.00001 MPH and a 7 day break from the road after being out for 37 (by choice) would commence as soon as I dropped the traile- WHAT THE DEUCE??

Side by side with a white volvo, I in the hammer lane, sure enough. An elderly man wearing a white turbon and a long grey beard was behind the wheel of an 18 wheeler. I took a double-take over at the guy. I took a triple-take. He just smiled and waved and I bewilderingly waved back with a lop-sided smile.

I continue to pass him in absolute shock. By the time his front bumper is near by trailer tandems, his truck matches speed. I'm all out of juice and we roll down 40 in that configuration for another 10 minutes. A green Kenworth W9 is riding my tail as patiently as an ungoverned truck can be. I think to myself, I'm being terrorized by a Canadian!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Rookie

yep it is true actually it is unfortunate how some elderly sikh drivers of canada can resemble and mistakenly be branded as terrorists some have even lost thier lives.....