User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DOT Inspection

Hi all, been reading your post for a few weeks now. I live in Reno and am thinking about getting my A and want to learn all I can first, this is the best forum I have seen thank you. I have been working for the school district for almost 10 years driving Loaders (snow removal for the schools in Incline Village Lake Tahoe), school bus ( we had the only 4 wheel drive bus in Nevada up there ) and now a class B refer truck taking food to all the schools .

The school buses have a twice a year inspection by Dot. Back a few years ago I was hanging out watching the inspections, and the Dot Officer was showing off his new creeper he just bought the day before to the mechanics. He said he payed almost 400$ for it, looked real nice. Anyway the Officer leans the creeper against the front bumper of a school bus dose some paper work and the tells a driver to move the bus forward a little. The bus driver pulls forward and stops with the creeper right under the front stirrer. :shock: The officer looks at his new creeper and turns purple :evil: . He yells at the driver to pull forward some more grabs his creeper looks at it and then trows it about 20 feet.... The mechanics and myself worked very hard to keep a straight face :? The mechanics had a very long day....Teal
Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 PM

That isn't the first time that has happened. A buddy ran over a creeper after an inspection by the DOT too.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Just run a little further west from where you are On top of the Hill and go inside the Bays and you'll see alot of angry people :P
Old 12-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Board Regular
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I had a good friend years ago that was riding a motorcycle home from work late at night. An officer started following him and after a few miles of waiting to get pulled over he decided to go ahead and stop and save the officer the trouble of turning on his lights. My friend then got off the bike and started walking towards the cruiser(never do this by the way, it tends to freak out the police). Anyway, the cop jumped out of the car and whipped out his gun telling my friend to stop where he was. Well, the officer was so unnerved by the approach that when he jumped out of the car that he forgot to put the cruiser in park. The car took off, my friend just managed to jump out of the way as the car ran over his 4 month old bike.:withstupid:

Get this, the officer still wrote him a ticket for speeding. But he got his own, when a sergent showed up he wrote the first officer a ticket too. I'm willing to bet it never made it to a judge though.

[email protected]