User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

about 30 years I got ticket in Atlanta (in a 4 wheeler) for going 45 in a 55 zone. i explained that my car was overheating and I was trying to get over in the emergency lane but he gave me a ticket anway. I lived in Florida at the time, I never paid it and never heard anything about it.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Board Icon

Fredog, it may come back to bite you eventually. I remember reading a story not that long ago of a guy who got a ticket and simply forgot to pay the fine because he moved out of state right after it happened or something like that. After about 60 years the locale caught up to him and had him pay it still. It had gone from like a $10 fine to $400.

I have no problem calling on cops. I called on 2 from the same locale that were outside of their jurisdiction by 25 miles driving rather insane. Talked with the police chief face to face and he straightened it out. They never drove like that again outside of their jurisdiction. One passed me on a blind hill in a no passing zone. Had another that the locale simply ignored me, gave me the cold shoulder. Guy was heading away from his locale about 15 miles outside of it and blew my doors off like I was tied to a tree, then cut off 2 cars without even 1 blink of a turn signal before blasting thru a 45 zone still doing at least 70 mph. Wife called on a state boy who was sitting in the middle lane of a 3 lane interstate with no flashing lights on writing in his book. His dispatch was seriously pissed at him for being a moron.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
about 30 years I got ticket in Atlanta (in a 4 wheeler) for going 45 in a 55 zone. i explained that my car was overheating and I was trying to get over in the emergency lane but he gave me a ticket anway. I lived in Florida at the time, I never paid it and never heard anything about it.
Yeah Fredog, gotta be careful on that. I got a ticket in my 4 wheeler years ago and when I tried to pay it, they couldn't find a record of it. About 3 years later I found out my license had been suspended because of an unpaid speeding ticket. Seems the officer wrote my last name wrong and they could find anything in the database under my actual last name.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Fredog, it may come back to bite you eventually. I remember reading a story not that long ago of a guy who got a ticket and simply forgot to pay the fine because he moved out of state right after it happened or something like that. After about 60 years the locale caught up to him and had him pay it still. It had gone from like a $10 fine to $400.

I have no problem calling on cops. I called on 2 from the same locale that were outside of their jurisdiction by 25 miles driving rather insane. Talked with the police chief face to face and he straightened it out. They never drove like that again outside of their jurisdiction. One passed me on a blind hill in a no passing zone. Had another that the locale simply ignored me, gave me the cold shoulder. Guy was heading away from his locale about 15 miles outside of it and blew my doors off like I was tied to a tree, then cut off 2 cars without even 1 blink of a turn signal before blasting thru a 45 zone still doing at least 70 mph. Wife called on a state boy who was sitting in the middle lane of a 3 lane interstate with no flashing lights on writing in his book. His dispatch was seriously pissed at him for being a moron.
it has never showed up an an mvr, that was back before computers and i lived in Fla at the time, so they may not have had reporprocity then
Old 07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Board Icon

I hear that Fredog. Dad knew a few drivers from way back who had several different state license's. They would get stopped for something crazy and the officer would take their license on the spot. Not a problem, they still had 2 others sitting in the other seat from completely different states and would go on down the road. States didn't have good communication with one another back in those days it seems. With today's computer systems all linked up, ain't gonna pull that stuff anymore.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
With today's computer systems all linked up, ain't gonna pull that stuff anymore.
Yeah, now you have to go get your backup licenses from the same place the Mexicans get'em.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Board Icon

Only if you want your head to be square in the picture with the wrong background color and the DOB to be wrong.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I thought for sure with the stunt i pulled leaving the stop sign they were going to pull out the portables and make me run across them.
See ya at the scales...
Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 AM

ah so its not just the cop round my parts i was driving my pickup through town on the way home, doing 20ish because of the intersections being uncontrolled...well out of nowhere this fu...i mean idiot cop come flying from the right, prolly 35 or so(in a 30) i had to slam my brakes...i should have t boned the idiot...HE DIDNT EVEN LOOK AS HE WAS GOING THROUGH THE INTERSECTION! my 1978 c10 would have done wonders to a newer crown vic PI... :twisted: i was thinking about going to the PD to report it...i didnt...next time the cops may not be so lucky...depends what mood im in.so far my records crystal though...sooo i have gotten out of a speeding ticket with it he clocked me at 37 in a 30 residential area...i had been doing about 40 i crested a small hill saw him said sh*t and slowed down, too late he puuled pass turned around in the next intersection down floored it up behind me and that was it...

it would have turned out badly if i got the ticket...my car was uninsured at the time...