There are over 922 trucking companies in Rhode Island and the industry employs 4,320 drivers. The highest paid truck driver earn $50,780 ($24.41 hourly). The highest paying areas are Norwich-New London with a Median Annual Salary of $44,770, and Providence-Fall River-Warwick ($44,200).
Pros and Cons of Truck Driving in Rhode Island
- Plenty of regional work in New England
- Insane toll practices
Truck Driving Tips for Rhode Island
- The TravelCenters of America off the 5b exit on I-95 has plenty of parking and it’s free.
- Before driving on any bridges, make sure you’re not breaking any laws.
- Understand the fatigue that comes with night driving
- Make sure you have an up-to-date atlas that includes bridge heights
- If you encounter speeders, don’t panic. Drive safely and slowly to minimize accidents