Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

Thread: 2008 Shaffer-Heartland CHRONICLES

geargrinder is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
    I believe him. Headborg has way too much street cred on here to be BSing us about that. Looks like our HB is now running "hot 'n heavy!"
    gotta get while you can, as fast as you can.
    "this prisoner / Of the fine white lines / Of the white lines on the free, free way"

headborg is offline Senior Board Member

Week#3: 3391 total running miles

breaks down as follows:

Wednesday 5pm-midnite: 0 miles El Paso, Tx
    TurkeyDay(Thanksgiving): 319 mile DH after stuffing Petro Buffet down to be N Tucson, ready to pick up produce Friday

Friday, Tucson-Nogalas- St. Louis-Kansas City- Loveland, co
    Sat,
    Sun,
    Mon-- up to 4pm on phone asking Where to Next Where at In AM

answer: call back later.... 4pm Drop/Hook Walmart Loveland--- no answer on phone---- setting at Johnson's Corner from 5pm- Midnite

Tuesday: Setting from 7am- 2pm waiting for them to find another load

Tuesday Nite- Wednesday Nite 5pm Running load

Basically 2 work days( 7hrs+7 hrs+ 7hrs) wasted + a holiday( slow/low miles)
    I'd like to invite you all to visit and join
    my new message board at:
    http://drivers-lounge.proboards.com

Ladies & Gents---Just got to say--- there are companies FAR...Far...worse than Crete or Heartland...and man did I find one.....Week#4: 1400 miles? 1600Miles?
    my new message board at:

Quote Originally Posted by headborg View Post
    Ladies & Gents---Just got to say--- there are companies FAR...Far...worse than Crete or Heartland...and man did I find one.....Week#4: 1400 miles? 1600Miles?

Ok, got the laptop back up and running-- so the actual PC*miler short miles are for week#4 are --1831

but with such a "fast" truck and no log department rules--- that 1831 got done in 2.5days-- that left me setting the rest of the week. Man was that brutal.
    my new message board at:

belpre122 is offline Local Advocate Senior Board Member

Ok, got the laptop back up and running-- so the actual PC*miler short miles are for week#4 are --1831

but with such a "fast" truck and no log department rules--- that 1831 got done in 2.5days-- that left me setting the rest of the week. Man was that brutal.
    Sounds real brutal HB. I saw your post in the other thread about the 'witholding' practices. Will the time come when you tell us the 'rest of the story' and let us know what really went down?
    "Just another OTR coolie carrier. They suck. They ALL suck. Run away from coolie OTR trucking" The Great ColdFrostyMug

Quote Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
    Sounds real brutal HB. I saw your post in the other thread about the 'witholding' practices. Will the time come when you tell us the 'rest of the story' and let us know what really went down?

there is No...'rest of the story' to tell.

I spent 4 months there-- did the math, suffered hardship of 'quality of live' living in that piece of junk for not 5 days nor 6 days- but 7-10 days at a stretch.. home time was not what was promised-- did the communicating to those " driver retention persons--Tracy & Tom or John( forgot the name) was like talking to a wall--

there was steady 'work' there-- and it's true-- these are hard economic times good advice to stay with a larger company that's stable and solid--

It just wasn't going to be a win on any side of the equation for me...

losing miles & home-time if I stayed there... if there had been a upside-- I'd have put up a little longer with the truck breakdowns(3 in one month) & their polices & Heartland Cares....
    Hell, I set at one of their customers in NC loading cardboard 'lucky charm' cereal boxes for OVER 24 hours--- no detention pay until you're there- 8hrs, then they paid 50.00 bucks.

Crete pays $10.00 an hour after the first 2! But I also noticed there were NO Crete trucks picking up at that "Top shelf" company! Only Heartland & Westside Transport--- the loads all go to General Mills- Cedar Rapids, Ia.

You're looking for 'Drama' that just isn't there...

I think the 'straw' that broke the 'camels' back-- was not getting any of those good 'whole' weekends-- then calling the "driver retention" person-- calmly explaining I was unhappy with the 'no delivery' of the promises I was
    made-- three weekends streight with little time at home,then having them set up a phone call to my Terminal Manager-- having the Terminal Manager tell me they'd work hard to get me More hometime 'next weekend'--- then getting as close as Little Rock, Ar-- then shot east with a Walmart Load out of Searcy,Ar to eastern Tenn--- 0 hometime instead of 'More' . It spelled it right out for me--- they
    don't give a rats Ass about your hometime-- it doesn't make them money it doesn't save them money.
    That's when I found out-- I live in Arkansas so I have to run out of Olive Branch, but all the Load Planning for Arkansas is done in North Liberty, Ia-- so MY terminal's hands were "tied" we couldn't get you home--sorry!( from my own fricking state!) and North Liberty Needed that load covered.
    my new message board at:

No, wasn't really looking for any drama HB. Just kind of wanted to see you sum it all up. Which you did in that post. Thanks and I hope that things start turning around for you, B
    "Just another OTR coolie carrier. They suck. They ALL suck. Run away from coolie OTR trucking" The Great ColdFrostyMug

week#5:

2362 miles between much setting
    my new message board at:

Bumper is offline Senior Board Member

I took this week off and maybe to the end of the year too. Need a break.
    Tom

Lets finish out the 2008:

week#6 ***uming Dec 17th 5pm- Dec 24th 5pm

Sedalia, Mo-Edwardsville, Mo- Springfield, Mo

Total miles: 433

Breaks down to:

Wednesday Night setting at Tyson waiting still to unload
    Thursday deadhead to yard for repairs
    Thursday+Friday until Noon--- jacked around by shop-- which repaired nothing on my writeup list and the told me they were're going to repair the other stuff... almost quite but they had this load to Springfield which I was hoping I could get kicked off Saturday THEN bounce home for Christmas- was offered the "option" of deadheading to the house Friday -- but that would have knocked me out of getting paid ANYTHING for the week( including the deadhead from Sedalia to Yard. So I rolled the dice and ended up setting in Springfield for the weekend-- not nice people at receiver-- they wouldn't unload me early. Bounced home Monday morning- was home by noon.

Week#7
    December 24th 5pm-- December 31st 11:59 pm

Mountain Home, Ar-Rogers, Ar-Shelbyville, In-Hebron, KY-Bridgeton, Mo- Velmeyer, Il- Columbia, Il- Neely's Landing, Mo- Vega, Tx

2105 paid miles

Happy New Year.
    my new message board at:

Ok.. People the Headborg Chronicles continue for 2 years over at my (almost Abandoned) message board at ~~The Driver's Lounge~~ - Home and details almost 2 years at Dynamic Transit up until they discovered my identity and threatened me with termination if I continued to dish out the good/bad and illegal activities. I've been away from trucking & Dynamic Transit now for a little over a year and soon to start perhaps a new decade of trucking as a dumb ass lease-purchase would-be Owner Operator.... probably will document that experience here at CAD-- to a wider audience and perhaps remain concealed longer that way.... are message boards still alive or has everyone gone to facebook?
    my new message board at:

VPIDarkAngel is offline Senior Board Member

are message boards still alive or has everyone gone to facebook?
    Some of us still copy the mail here.
    "Yours?" As in you'd pop a cap in anyone's ass who dared step foot on your turf? (Rev. Vassago)
    "We have too many truckers making $35K a year and voting Republican because he thinks a Democrat is going to come confiscate his guns." (geargrinder)
    "I don't live in Duck's Ass. That's about an hours drive before you get to my house." (Malaki86)

GMAN is offline Administrator Board Icon

There are still a lot of people still hanging around the forum. We don't have as many people posting, but still have regulars who check in. Not everyone posts on Facebook. In fact, I think that Facebook and Twitter have both lost some of their appeal since it has come out that the government has been monitoring them with regularity. They may be monitoring the forums, but that hasn't come out yet.

and soon to start perhaps a new decade of trucking as a dumb ass lease-purchase would-be Owner Operator....
    Hey HB! Good to see you're still out there kickin! We are ready for your next thread re: HB's trucking/life adventures!

Regarding the quote above............. Remember, you said it.

Welcome back. B

16. This ad will disappear if you login