Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another failed drug test question

havartart is offline Rookie

Default Another failed drug test question

I just failed a drug test from a union company a 2nd time so I will be fired (they give you one chance to clean up). It is going to be hard when I was living pay check to pay check even with a high paying union job. Since no company would hire me how about becoming an owner operator or would my positive drug test prevent me from doing that. Any suggestions? Would this follow me to any other types of jobs besides trucking- in other words I won't be able to get any job.

Twilight Flyer is offline The Bat Cave Board Icon

You won't be able to get a job as an O/O, either, unless you have your own authority and are brokering your own freight. Do a search on drug-testing issues on this site. You're about to take a beating.

Fozzy is offline Senior Board Member

Default Re: Another failed drug test question

Quote Originally Posted by havartart
    I just failed a drug test from a union company a 2nd time so I will be fired (they give you one chance to clean up). It is going to be hard when I was living pay check to pay check even with a high paying union job. Since no company would hire me how about becoming an owner operator or would my positive drug test prevent me from doing that. Any suggestions? Would this follow me to any other types of jobs besides trucking- in other words I won't be able to get any job.
    Sorry for you.. but there will be less than sympathy for you in most venues.. Once was stupid and close to unforgivable due to the common knowledge of the drug testing laws in this industry. You flaunted the rules and played the game anyway. You then got another chance which you obviously took for granted and dangerously risked your livelyhood. I hope you do not have a family...

dummy

Uturn2001 is offline Senior Board Member
    East Central IL between the corn and the beans

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
    You won't be able to get a job as an O/O, either, unless you have your own authority and are brokering your own freight. Do a search on drug-testing issues on this site. You're about to take a beating.
    Even then, if you do not clean up your act you are screwed because even with your own authority you still have to submit to random drug testings to be compliant with federal regs.

What you need to do is go through a SAP program, substance abuse program, and successfully complete it and stay off the drugs. Every day more and more employers in all industries are taking a zero drug use policy and doing pre-hire and random drug testing.
    Finding the right trucking company is like finding the right person to marry. I really comes down to finding one whose BS you can put up with and who can put up wih yours.

jiptwoo is offline Member

Default post

Forget about it, your finished in more ways than one. The most important being yourself, your have a drug problem and are not needed on the road. Forget the SAP program, someone tell me one employer that will hire you after completing the program, or an insurance co. that will insure you. GET HELP!

Jackrabbit379 is offline Board Icon

Dad gum! I think I would have left the grass alone on the first go around. Yall really think yall can play in the grass, and still be streak clean?
    Well, best of luck to ya.

Double R is offline Food Service Monkey Senior Board Member

Default Re: Another failed drug test question

Nice way to ruin a good living. DUMMY!
    CERTIFIED NUTS BY THE STATE OF PA

MY FACEBOOK PAGE

havartart is offline Rookie

Well I'm not dumb, I have a Master of Science in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle from my time as a pilot in the USAF. I got dishonorably discharged from the USAF (no not from drugs) and now this so I agree I made dumb decisions in my life. I do have a family so hopefully I can find something else with my degree. I just meet the wrong people during my depression after the discharge from service. It was hard to find a job after the discharge so now it will be even harder.

Uturn2001 is offline Senior Board Member
    East Central IL between the corn and the beans

It sounds like you have a history of making poor choice in your life. I strongly suggest getting help, both for the drugs and for the problems leading to the drug use.
    Finding the right trucking company is like finding the right person to marry. I really comes down to finding one whose BS you can put up with and who can put up wih yours.

kilog55 is offline Board Regular

alot of places wont even take you if you were dishonorably discharged, now you failed 2 drug tests? be lucky you got a 2nd round. you never said what made you fail the test most assume weed, but with a track record like yours i bet it was worse then that.

:roll: atleast the roads are a little safer
    Just getting started

silvan is offline Senior Board Member

Well I'm not dumb, I have a Master of Science in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle from my time as a pilot in the USAF.
    Dude, you may be intelligent, and you may be well-educated, but you're still dumb.

The name is DuMass.

If you want a job, apply for work delivering bedroom furniture in a sixwheeler for $8 an hour. I know a lot of guys doing exactly that because they like their dope too much to get a real job.

You might try McDonald's too, or Taco Bell.

Dawn is offline Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
    Dad gum! I think I would have left the grass alone on the first go around. Yall really think yall can play in the grass, and still be streak clean?
    Well, best of luck to ya.
    How do you know it was not the white stuff to keep him awake to deliver them loads on time?
    To many drivers use drugs to keep going! You must remember running legal and staying drug free are very important to prevent prison time.

I understand life takes a turn on all of us and no one can predict what you will wake up to! Stay strong and avoid drugs! If you have an accident and they have to do a drug/alcohol test you are in big big trouble.

kilog55 is offline Board Regular

well i know i wont wake up to pot brownies in my mouth or a VCR (visible coke ring) on my nose so honestly there are no excuses for doing any illegal drug in this business :roll:
    Just getting started

Dawn, I said nothing about him making deliveries. I made a comment about him failing his drug test.

dishonorable discharg??? 2 failed drug tests?? but since he has a degree we are supposed to believe that he is smart. what a dummy. do you speak mexican??? you could probably get hired in New Jersey hauling containers if you can pass yourself off as an illegal. just a thought, but you are smart enough, you probably already thought of that.

Useless is offline Senior Board Member

Better forget about driving.

With a history like that, your talents would be much better applied by becoming a dispatcher!!

Quote Originally Posted by Useless

With a history like that, your talents would be much better applied by becoming a dispatcher!!
    Dispatchers are sober? :P :? :lol:

I know of a NICE company in W Liberty IA he would fit right into as a disptcher who knows maybe the boss will let him do lines with him LOL

Dawn is offline Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
    Quote Originally Posted by Useless

Dispatchers are sober? :P :? :lol:
    Most dispatcher are drinkers or smoke dop :lol:
    No I am not a dispatcher, I just know plenty of them :cry:

22. This ad will disappear if you login

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast