Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Another failed drug test question (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/27151-another-failed-drug-test-question.html)

havartart 05-23-2007 01:37 PM

Another failed drug test question

I just failed a drug test from a union company a 2nd time so I will be fired (they give you one chance to clean up). It is going to be hard when I was living pay check to pay check even with a high paying union job. Since no company would hire me how about becoming an owner operator or would my positive drug test prevent me from doing that. Any suggestions? Would this follow me to any other types of jobs besides trucking- in other words I won't be able to get any job.

Twilight Flyer 05-23-2007 01:42 PM

You won't be able to get a job as an O/O, either, unless you have your own authority and are brokering your own freight. Do a search on drug-testing issues on this site. You're about to take a beating.

Fozzy 05-23-2007 01:46 PM

Re: Another failed drug test question

Quote:

Originally Posted by havartart
I just failed a drug test from a union company a 2nd time so I will be fired (they give you one chance to clean up). It is going to be hard when I was living pay check to pay check even with a high paying union job. Since no company would hire me how about becoming an owner operator or would my positive drug test prevent me from doing that. Any suggestions? Would this follow me to any other types of jobs besides trucking- in other words I won't be able to get any job.

Sorry for you.. but there will be less than sympathy for you in most venues.. Once was stupid and close to unforgivable due to the common knowledge of the drug testing laws in this industry. You flaunted the rules and played the game anyway. You then got another chance which you obviously took for granted and dangerously risked your livelyhood. I hope you do not have a family...

05-23-2007 02:23 PM

dummy

Uturn2001 05-23-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
You won't be able to get a job as an O/O, either, unless you have your own authority and are brokering your own freight. Do a search on drug-testing issues on this site. You're about to take a beating.

Even then, if you do not clean up your act you are screwed because even with your own authority you still have to submit to random drug testings to be compliant with federal regs.

What you need to do is go through a SAP program, substance abuse program, and successfully complete it and stay off the drugs. Every day more and more employers in all industries are taking a zero drug use policy and doing pre-hire and random drug testing.

jiptwoo 05-23-2007 04:48 PM

Forget about it, your finished in more ways than one. The most important being yourself, your have a drug problem and are not needed on the road. Forget the SAP program, someone tell me one employer that will hire you after completing the program, or an insurance co. that will insure you. GET HELP!

Jackrabbit379 05-23-2007 05:41 PM

Dad gum! I think I would have left the grass alone on the first go around. Yall really think yall can play in the grass, and still be streak clean?
Well, best of luck to ya.

Double R 05-23-2007 06:05 PM

Re: Another failed drug test question

Quote:

Originally Posted by havartart

Nice way to ruin a good living. DUMMY!

havartart 05-23-2007 07:04 PM

Well I'm not dumb, I have a Master of Science in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle from my time as a pilot in the USAF. I got dishonorably discharged from the USAF (no not from drugs) and now this so I agree I made dumb decisions in my life. I do have a family so hopefully I can find something else with my degree. I just meet the wrong people during my depression after the discharge from service. It was hard to find a job after the discharge so now it will be even harder.

Uturn2001 05-23-2007 07:57 PM

It sounds like you have a history of making poor choice in your life. I strongly suggest getting help, both for the drugs and for the problems leading to the drug use.