Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dump Trailer Work

Mackman is offline Senior Board Member

Default Dump Trailer Work

Are dump trailer loads posted on load boards???

Or is it one of them things you got to be leased to a company that pulls dump trailers?? If so can some of you give me some names for dump trailer company's??

Anyone ever pull a dump trailer what type of money can be made??

Thanks
    Mackman
    Truck Driving an occupation consisting of hours of boredom interrupted by sheer terror!!

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Anyone ever deal with or have any info on ::: Trinity Transport Inc. :::
    Truck Driving an occupation consisting of hours of boredom interrupted by sheer terror!!

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Just got this email from a guy at trinty

During the winter we move quit a bit of Salt out of Rukert Terminal. Not really and steady lanes. They go to different places in Oh, Wv, Pa, and Md. During the summer I get Pickles going from Bridgeville, De to Ravena, Mi. I get a load a day of that. I try to keep my rates at $2 a mile to the truck. Give or take a little. Give me a call when you get a chance, so I can get your information to get you set up with us. This way when I do start getting my salt thatís one less obstacle we have to worry about

Don't seem to good to me if you have to deadhead back. Unless the load boards have dump trailer loads on there you can pick from to get you close. Just trying to see where the dump trailer work is and how to make money doing it. Not much talk on here about dump trailers. Its all Vans Reefers and flats lol.

Bigmon is offline Senior Board Member

I've seen a few dump trailer loads on load boards.

RostyC is offline Senior Board Member

I haven't seen MDKW on here for a while but he would have some info I believe. Maybe send a pm so when he logs on he sees the question. I pulled a few loads of bagged salt out of Ruckerts and am in the area quite a bit. I'll keep an eye out for their trucks or signs on leased trucks. See if I can get the poop, so to speak.

Orangetxguy is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
    Are dump trailer loads posted on load boards???

Or is it one of them things you got to be leased to a company that pulls dump trailers?? If so can some of you give me some names for dump trailer company's??

Anyone ever pull a dump trailer what type of money can be made??

Thanks
    Mackman

Mackdude. If your serious about dump trailer work....and are looking at doing it with your own truck...I would suggest leasing in with an established company to get started.

One like Oakley Brothers out of Little Rock AR, or R & J Trucking out of Boardman OH. LOL...You would like these guys. Their primary truck is Mack!

Anyone ever deal with or have any info on ::: Trinity Transport Inc. :::

As for Trinity Transport. I don't "get" that e-mail. Trinity doesn't pay that great. I was just assigned a load by Miller, 2 weeks ago, that was brokered to Miller by Trinity. 73 cents per mile, to the truck, after Miller took their cut of the flipping rate, which was only 97 cpm. That was a hazmat tank load, from St Louis MO to Houston TX. issedoff: issedoff: issedoff:
    Space...............Is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence! :thumbsup: Star Trek2009

Thanks for the name of the company's. If anyone has any other company's that pull dump trailers please let me know.

I emailed a local company around my area James Tuner trucking Home They haven't emailed me back yet. Might have to give them a call. To see what they are all about.

Plan and simple I'm letting the cat out of the bag. I'm 99% sure I'm buying a truck in late Feb. early march. It is either going to be a tri axle dump or a dump trailer. I know all about tri axles since my dad has one but we are kinda lost about dump trailers.
    Last edited by Mackman; 10-28-2009 at 09:59 AM.

mike3fan is offline Senior Board Member

"I love college football. It's the only time of year you can walk down the street with a girl in one arm and a blanket in the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." --Duffy Daugherty

Aftershock is offline Rookie

Here are a couple you can check out:

buchheittrucking.com

usbulktransport.com

bonestrans.com

dartamerica.com

hamboner is offline Board Regular

Mackman, seriously give Oakley Transport out of Little Rock, AR a good look. They have a huge freight base and they allow you to pull their dumps and I believe the have quite a few bulk trailers too. See lots of their guys up and down the road over this way. They have lots of O/O with really nice rigs pulling their sharp 40' aluminum dumps. They have a good freightbase all over the country.

hamboner is offline Board Regular

Thanks for the name of the company's. If anyone has any other company's that pull dump trailers please let me know.

I emailed a local company around my area James Tuner trucking Home They haven't emailed me back yet. Might have to give them a call. To see what they are all about.

Plan and simple I'm letting the cat out of the bag. I'm 99% sure I'm buying a truck in late Feb. early march. It is either going to be a tri axle dump or a dump trailer. I know all about tri axles since my dad has one but we are kinda lost about dump trailers.

Mackman, Go with a regular tractor and you will have more flexibility with what u can haul. You will come out cheaper and can swap trailers or pull diff company trailers if things slow down in one segment.

crowhrse is offline Rookie

Hey Mackman,
    Since you live in Concordville why not just stop by the quarry in Glen Mills and ask them? I've seen a company from Vineland,NJ pulling dump trailers running down Chi Ave in Boothwyn. You might want to check with them.... Levary or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by crowhrse View Post
    Hey Mackman,
    Since you live in Concordville why not just stop by the quarry in Glen Mills and ask them? I've seen a company from Vineland,NJ pulling dump trailers running down Chi Ave in Boothwyn. You might want to check with them.... Levary or something like that
    Thats the quarry my dad hauls out of. The quarry them selfs will not hire dump trailers. You have to be able to haul blacktop if you work for the quarry.

Why I'm leaning torwards the tri axle is cuz my dad been doing it for 30 years he has alot of contacts as far as work for a tri axle goes. He knows what contractors are good for their money and which ones are slow pay etc etc. I will be riding his coat tails i guess you could say. He doesn't know anything about dump trailers. Never had one. Says you cant make any money with them (so he says). So I'm tryin to find out info about them. Where you live at ?? If you ever see a all blue peterbilt with no name on it and just a USDOT in white under the door thats my oldman. He is up and down CHI ave. all the time going to 95.

Thanks everyone for the websites. I might give US Bulk a call. They have a terminal not to far from me. If you have more websites please post them up.

specialkay is offline Member

Mackman youhave to decide what you really want to do. Most of the dump companies listed above are for long haul. You have a big advantage with you're dad's contacts in the tri-axle world. In most places the more weight you can haul the lower the per ton rate is. Around here all the tri-axle dump guys used to have pups to pull around but the pits kept cutting the rates so evryone got rid of them and the rate went back up for tri-axles.
    Tough times don't last..Tough people DO!!! Trojan S.C.D.

Kranky is offline Senior Board Member

From Beelman's owner op page:

Our drivers are home three to seven nights a week
    Off every other weekend
    Lease operators total gross revenue is averaging over $3000 a week to the truck
    Over $1.25 per mile gross revenue to the tractor

You'd do way better than that working a triaxle 10 hours a day, 5 days a week, and you'd also be home every night and every weekend.

JMO.
    If you can't shift it smoothly, you shouldn't be driving it.

crowhrse is offline Rookie

Mackman,
    I guess your father is the one living on Concord road. If so is that your lifted pickup in the driveway? It looks good from just passing by. BTW have heard antthing about when they are going to start construction on 322? There should be plenty of work for all the local OO's with triaxles.

Quote Originally Posted by crowhrse View Post
    Mackman,
    I guess your father is the one living on Concord road. If so is that your lifted pickup in the driveway? It looks good from just passing by. BTW have heard antthing about when they are going to start construction on 322? There should be plenty of work for all the local OO's with triaxles.
    Yea thats my pickup. I think they are going to strat all the BS in like a year or 2.

Graymist is offline Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by hamboner View Post
    Mackman, seriously give Oakley Transport out of Little Rock, AR a good look. They have a huge freight base and they allow you to pull their dumps and I believe the have quite a few bulk trailers too. See lots of their guys up and down the road over this way. They have lots of O/O with really nice rigs pulling their sharp 40' aluminum dumps. They have a good freightbase all over the country.
    Are Oakley Transport and Bruce Oakley one and the same company ? Also, what is the difference between a regular dump truck and a triaxle ? Is the triaxle just a 3-axle dump trailer hooked on to a truck, or is it just a dump truck with tri-drives ?

RostyC is offline Senior Board Member

Yea thats my pickup.
    Pic? I believe that's the rule no? If it's mentioned it must be posted.

22. This ad will disappear if you login

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast