User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A new scam to get my money

Hello Owner operators Thought that I would inform you and give ya a headsup on a new way for companies to screw you over ( Or new to me anyways )
I was leased on with a company out of Bessemer Ohio hauling intermodel freight here in New England well it turned out that the rates were not high enough for me to make a go at it so after five months of honestly trying all they had to offer I gave a notice , worked out the notice and left. During the course of my lease I had given them a 400.00 security deposit that was to be paid back after leaving the Co.
Well I was informed that I was not going to get my security back and I was to write them a check for 600.00 to make up the 1000.00 insurance deductable that was due to them because of a Preventable accident that happened in July.
Well the so-called preventable accident was a trailer tire that peeled and a bit of the tread hit a car on the hood that was behind me. No injuries just a black scuff mark on the hood. Well I was told that it could have been prevented if I checked the tires I said that I did when I picked it up 150 miles earlier and once again while I was getting loaded. After being loaded with 45000 lbs of paper on a hot july day I set off to bring the load to the terminal well after about 75 miles the bias tire said I've had enough and blew. and that is the preventable accident
I personally think that I had done everything in my power to prevent this from happening but unfortunatly they still have my money. So heads up I guess things are really tight out there and they do have bigger lawyers than I have.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I would take them to court and at least make them work for the money.

Also, if they are a corporation, find out the names of all the officers of the company and there home town which is easy to do since it's public information. Go to the town hall and put a lien on there homes. It's real easy to do. They can't sell their home till the lien is cleared up. You can do this to anyone without proof or any reason at all. The residents of Vermont did it to a local judge until the supreme court stepped in and said to stop it.

What town are you from? I'm in Merrimack.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Sad part is they will also report that to your DAC and that can go against you too. :evil: :evil:

I never figure on getting a security deposit back on ANYTHING even though there is no damage.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 11-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04

I never figure on getting a security deposit back on ANYTHING
Never had a problem with that, even tho my first lease was canceled due to the company bankruptcy... :roll:
Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
Sad part is they will also report that to your DAC and that can go against you too. :evil: :evil:

tootie
Just like your credit report you can force the company to correct it. In extreme cases you will have to threaten then with a libel suit but it can be done.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Rookie

Fitzwilliam Steve a great place to bring up the kids but not really any money here. Almost thirty years out of Lowell and Billerica area
Old 11-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I would take them to court and at least make them work for the money.

Also, if they are a corporation, find out the names of all the officers of the company and there home town which is easy to do since it's public information. Go to the town hall and put a lien on there homes. It's real easy to do. They can't sell their home till the lien is cleared up. You can do this to anyone without proof or any reason at all. The residents of Vermont did it to a local judge until the supreme court stepped in and said to stop it.

What town are you from? I'm in Merrimack.

I would not suggest putting a lien on anyone's property without having either proper documentation, such as a loan document, or a judgment. If you do then you could set yourself up for a major lawsuit and possible criminal prosecution. You cannot legally put a lien on anything without proper paperwork. The registrar of deeds, or whom ever records deeds and liens, will require some sort of supporting documentation to justify the lien. Those documents will need to be filed at the time you place your lien.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:23 AM

Ah yes, Fitzwilliam. Is the old auction still there? I use to love going there on Sunday and buying tons of crap. That place was great!!!

Gman, in New Hampshire and Vermont you can put a lien on anyones property and no supporting documentation required. This practice is done over and over again. It's big news in Vermont right now because they are holding a judge and other people in check and causing them big problems because they are basing peoples real estate tax on there VIEW!!! One old lady lives on a huge piece of land and her tax went from like $2,500 to $95,000!!!! It's absolutely ridiculous. They are putting liens on the city planner, judges and other people to create public attention and it's working.

Just one more thing that sucks about letting states govern themselves and making up stupid laws. Like Oregon and trucks.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It sounds like that judge and city officials have a scam going on. I think it is great that they are holding them accountable. I am not suggesting that we all put liens on public officials property, but it would certainly get their attention.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:17 PM

Ya, it's one particular guy that's doing this and even though the supreme court told him to stop, he hasn't. They can't charge him with anything because he hasn't broken any real laws and I think they are afraid to put him in jail for going against the order because it will cause too much attention.

This was last year and I'm not sure if it's still going on. I have a feeling it's stopped.

This kind of trouble is also brewing in Dartmouth New Hampshire with all the rich people moving into town because of the college and forcing the blue collar peoples taxes to sky rocket. Just not fair.