Speak up to the FMCSA and let your voice be heard!
We put together the definitive guide to let you your relatives and friends comment in no longer than 3 minutes.
COMMENT TODAY AND SHARE
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is accepting public comments on the ELD mandate until February 1st Eastern Standard Time.
Specifically two issues are under consideration regarding the ELD mandate:
We at Class A Drivers fully support the OOIDA’s drive for an ELD exemption.
Below you will find the definitive step-by-step guide to submit your comment and let your voice be heard.
3-MINUTE GUIDE: SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS TO THE FMCSA IN 5 STEPS
Step 1: Go to Regulations.gov to comment on the Hours of Service Exemption form.
Step 2: Introduce Yourself to the Agency
- In the comment field state who you are and what you drive.
- Include your age bracket your safety record and who you work for.
- Let them know you support the OOIDA’s proposed exemption for Hours of Service.
Step 3: Describe the Impact of ELD on Your Driving Career
- Tell the FMCSA how ELDs have changed your miles salary driving routine and safety.
- Share your opinion on what paper logs do better than ELDs.
- Do you have any other comments about how ELDs could have been implemented or used better?
Step 4: Fill Out the Rest of the Form and Submit.
- Enter your first and last name. Check the box to provide contact information if you wish. You can even upload a picture of yourself to show there is a real person behind the screen.
- For the Category dropdown menu the FMCSA asks that you select “Public Comments”. We confirmed this with them.
- Then hit “Continue” to proceed with your application onto the Preview and the Receipt.
- Have your voice heard! Share your comments and receipts of your comments with Class A Drivers!
- Email us at customerservice(at)classadrivers(dot)com with your comments. We can share them on our social media to amplify your voice.
- Take a picture or send us a link to your comment and share it with us on on Facebook or Twitter.
Example from Class A Drivers
At Class A Drivers we not only talk the talk – we walk the walk. We entered in our own submission to comment on the OOIDA’s proposed Hours of Service exemption.
By the end of today we will post our own public comment on ClassADrivers.com. Stay tuned! [Update: We did it! Read our public comment.]
Comment today! Let your voice be heard by February 1st 2018.