Cedar Rapids, IA (April 13, 2012) â€“ CRST International, Inc., one of the largest and most successful trucking companies in the nation, has been experiencing unprecedented growth for the past two years and is now having the best year in its 57-year history! CRST leads the industry in many ways and is looking for 100 inexperienced drivers, recent truck school graduates and experienced class A drivers to support this period of expansion.
Anyone interested in this employment opportunity is invited to attend a hiring event beginning at 10:00am on Wednesday, April 18th at the World Port Center, 1851 N. Gaffey St., Suite F in San Pedro, Calif. Interested candidates should expect to fill out a one-page job application and to be interviewed. Qualified applicants will be offered a driving position "on the spot" if they bring a recent, DMV H6 10-year print out. CRST offers company-sponsored, tuition-free training for those who would like to obtain a class A license. Classes begin weekly. Driving positions available are long-haul (interstate) only.
Drivers earn a month's income in only 20 days!
- The BEST hometime in the entire industry, including its unique "20 days on, 10 days off" program.
Company-sponsored training to get a class A license in only two weeks, and no DMV appointment!
Immediate medical coverage, 401K after 90 days and full benefits.
GUARANTEED home time
Industry-leading safety program, including the "no questions asked" shut-down policy if the driver is tired or doesn't feel comfortable about the weather.
Outstanding, late-model trucks ranked #1 in the nation by the Federal Department of Transportation (D.O.T.)
A person interested in this opportunity must either:
* Register at the World Port Center at the address above before the hiring event or call 310-732-5700 and let them know that you'd like to register.
* Register at the Career Transition Center, 3447 Atlantic Ave in Long Beach (I-405 and Atlantic exit).
* Register at the Torrance Career Center, 1220 Engracia Ave in Torrance. It would also be helpful if the applicant fills out a CRST application at the hiring event or beforehand at one of the above locations. Applicants should bring a driver's license AND social security card (or school ID with photo or birth certificate or passport) on the day of the event.
Note: If a person does not register before the hiring event, they should arrive at the hiring even one hour earlier (9am on Wed the 18th) to register.
- No felonies in the past 10 years, and no felonies EVER if drug-related.
- No misdemeanors in the past 3 years, and no misdemeanors for a drug-related offense in the past 15 years.
- No at-fault, rear-end accidents in the past two years.
- No DUI's in the past 5 years, and only two DUI's in one's lifetime.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Cedar Rapids, Iowaâ€“based CRST International, Inc. is one of the largest privately-held transportation companies in the United States. Through its five operating companies, CRST provides a broad array of transportation solutions, including expedited van, flatbed, dedicated services, brokerage, transportation management, high value product/white glove moving services and expedited, temperature controlled services. CRST's operating companies are made up of CRST Expedited, Inc. (including Temperature Controlled Team Service), CRST Malone, Inc., CRST Dedicated Services, Inc., CRST Logistics, Inc. and Specialized Transportation, Inc. For more information, visit www.crst.com