About Crete Carrier
Founded more than 50 years ago, Crete Carrier has grown to one of the nation’s largest, privately held trucking companies. Along with sister company, Shaffer Trucking, and wholly-owned subsidiary, Hunt Transportation, Crete Carrier Corporation operates as a truckload and flatbed carrier of virtually any commodity. At Crete Carrier, we are dedicated to our drivers. As a result, we have one of the lowest driver turnover rates in the industry; with drivers staying with us three times longer than they do our competition. Our professional drivers are among the best on the highways, meeting standards far exceeding those required by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Miles is up!
- We have new dedicated/regional fleets with more home time
- Starting OTR pay $.59 - $.65 CPM
- We pay Practical vs Short Route miles (which pays 3-5% more miles annually)
- We need safe experienced drivers that want to run
- We are a debt-free family-owned company
- May – October our miles were up 17.1 million miles compared to the same six months last year.
- Top 50% average $96,034 per year
- Awarded as a Top Pay Certified Carrier by the NTI for over 10 years
- Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
- Guaranteed Detention Pay
Benefits of Joining Crete Carrier
- Full benefits: Health from BCBS, dental, vision, life, and 401(K)
- Annual profit sharing contribution
- Contributed $12 million towards employee profit-sharing in 2020!
- Pet Policy: 2 dogs or cats
- No-cost rider policy
- Increased cruise speed
- Paid orientation
- Industry-leading CSA scores
- Average equipment age of 2 years
- Dedicated Dispatch 24/7
- Valid Class A CDL
- 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience*
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, required drug test, company in-truck driving test, and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Stable, verifiable work history
- Minimum 22 years old
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Able to perform functions set forth in the job description
*Some area restrictions apply