Werner Enterprises: Average is for Other People
- MORE MONEY PER MILE! Werner recently invested over $30 million in driver pay increases!
- MORE MILES PER HOUR! New 68 mph cruising speeds to maximize safety and fuel efficiency!
- MORE MILES PER WEEK! Industry-leading production!
Benefits of Werner:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Optional benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000 is available for those who qualify
- Employee Assistance Program
- Industry first apprenticeship program
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Onsite Fitness Facilities
- Onsite Recreation Facilities
Why Werner Enterprises?
Professional driver C. L. Werner founded Werner Enterprises with one truck in 1956. More than 60 years later, our company still remains committed to treating every driver with consideration, respect and appreciation. Managing with a driver in mind is one of Werner’s earliest founding principles, and one of the key reasons why Werner has become one of the largest truckload carriers in North America.
We invest in the best at Werner, providing all of our professional drivers with more home time and competitive pay along with some of the best benefits and newest equipment in the industry. Our philosophy is to stress quality over quantity, and this principle is evident in every aspect of our company. Werner recently invested over $1 billion in our 5T’s initiative: trucks, trailers, talent, terminals and technology. While the average age of trucks in the industry is over five years, Werner’s average truck age is 1.8 years. A newer fleet means less maintenance downtime and more productive miles.
As a leader in freight transportation, Werner developed the first apprenticeship program in the industry. Through this innovative work-based learning program, military community members that are eligible for VA educational benefits can receive up to $24,554.40 of tax-free benefits while enrolled in addition to their Werner pay. Werner is a proud supporter of military veterans and veteran spouses, who comprise approximately 20 percent of the company’s workforce.