Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
We're looking for dedicated CDL-A drivers to help serve our customer in Dyersburg, Tennessee.
This excellent CDL-A career opportunity entails:
- Pick up a preloaded trailer of electrical transformer components at the customer's location
- From there, you'll make 6 to 8 stops per week
- Delivering mostly within the Southeast, Northeast and Midwest.
- Deliveries are made on van trailers, standard flatbed, flatbed with tarping system, and specialized van trailers with hand held hoist mechanism.
- Inside deliveries are not required, but drivers will assist with unloading on company trailers with a hoist mechanism that is hand-held controlled.
- While driving for this account you will be pulling both a dry van and/or flatbed trailers.
- Average 2,800 miles per week!
- Average 6-8 stops per week paid at $18.50 per stop
- Detention pay & breakdown pay available (when applicable)
- Weekly home time with some midweek home time
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .37 cpm (Hub miles!); top out pay of 39.5cpm reached within 12 months.
- Average weekly pay is $1,125; average annual pay is $58,500
Paid Training Programs:
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time is 1-3weeks. After training you will start at .37 cpm.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options