Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience & recent trucking school graduates!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Averitt currently has an immediate opening for full-time Dedicated CDL-A Team Drivers to help serve our apparel customer in Owensboro, Kentucky.
Drivers for this account must live within 150 mile radius the Averitt service center.
As a CDL-A driver on this account, you'll:
- Pick up a load of shoes at the customer's distribution center located in Evansville
- Set out for delivery to retail stores located throughout America.
- This team position will primarily be running out West to Idaho, Utah, Montana and/or Arizona
- After making all deliveries and return pickups, you may make a backhaul pickup at either a customer vendor or a 3rd party customer.
- Runs typically begin on Sunday morning and return Friday mornings; may depart on Monday.
- You can expect weekend home time.
- Starting pay is .50 cpm split; reaching .52 cpm after 2 years
- Current average of 3,800 miles per week
- Unloading pay of $.135/ piece
- Average route will have 5-7 stores to deliver to with some store returns being picked up
- Driver is to move product to the rear of trailer and assist customer. Conveyer rollers will be provided to assist driver.
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-5 weeks. After training you will start at .50 cpm split.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 daysOR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Load freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/Close Trailer Doors - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs (Class A Only)
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Mon -Fri 7am until 7pm.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options