Now hiring Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
Has making a career move been on your mind? Maybe it's time to consider joining a transportation leader with a 40-year history of excellence.
We have an opportunity for you to join our team as a CDL-A Dedicated Driver to help serve our ceramics customer located in Crossville, Tennessee.
As a driver on this account you will:
- Pick up preloaded '53 trailer of tile product
- The average route consists of 7 to 8 stops
- Deliveries will be in various regions including east coast (Long Island is a standard delivery point).
- Delivery customer will be responsible for unloading. On rare occasion driver may be required to assist. If so, driver will be informed prior to dispatch and provided a pallet jack.
- Either vendor direct backhauls for customer or a broker load will be assigned to return for next outbound dispatch.
- Home 2 consecutive days prior to next dispatch.
- Starting pay of .44 cpm
- Current average of 2,400 miles per week
- You'll also earn $15 per stop made along your weekly route (does not include origin or destination)
Paid Training Programs:
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time is 1- 5 weeks. After training you will start at .44 cpm.
Check out these benefits of being an Averitt CDL-A driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
- $75.70 per week for family
- $30.55 per week for single coverage
- With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 6 months of full-time verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Load freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/Close Trailer Doors - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs (Class A Only)
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Mon-Fri 7am until 7pm.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options