Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Ladies .... and Men ~ ~ ~ What's Your Handle? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/7428-ladies-men-%7E-%7E-%7E-whats-your-handle.html)

4roses 03-19-2005 02:03 AM

Ladies .... and Men ~ ~ ~ What's Your Handle?

I've looked through alot of the post since I've become a member here ...

and I'm the kind of person that likes to keep information like ~~~

1. what a person's Handle ( name ) is, that's used when their on the road and talking on the CB ....
2. the company they drive for

so when traveling down these long hwy's and someone speaks up on the radio identifying themselves ... I remember who they are ... and I know if it's someone that has a good attitude or not .... and when I pull into a truck stop and I see a truck with their truck number ~ I know if I want to have coffee with them or hide...LOL

get the picture? ... this country is large, but yet so small ... in the few years I was out there ~ I'd come across drivers that I met on the other coast and it helped to make this place seem a little less cold and more comfortable ... especially being a Woman ... it was nice knowing that when I got out of my truck .. solo ... that possibly I would see someone having a bit to eat that I knew ... these kind of things make Life more enjoyable ...

Once when I was in PA. a driver came up to me and said that he remembered seeing me ... a 1000 miles away in another truck stop ... he joined me for lunch ~ and that made my day go by much easier....

if your comfortable doing it ~ why don't you add your handle here and who you drive for ... and I'll keep the info in my journal ~ so when I or any others are in the area .. we can say Hello to someone that we've talked to here at ~ ~ CAD ..

this is a Special Group of people here .. we have alot of new drivers coming on board ... this may help them not fell so alone out there also.
How About It !!

I'll start : .......... 4roses / not with a company yet, but hope to soon :!: Central - USA..

4roses

nickbtubas 03-19-2005 03:13 AM

i don't have one yet, kinda waiting to get a nickname while i'm in training, which will probably happen!! :lol:

yoopr 03-19-2005 03:27 AM

I started out as Wild Child in '78
Then i was Timber Wolf
Then it was Just Bill
Now it's what it is on here-Yoopr

The Governor 03-19-2005 12:01 PM

Same as it is here---The Governor.

Landmark Express.

White 04 KW T-800 haulin' brick throughout Tx and Ok.If you see me,give me a shout.

Truckdobe 03-19-2005 12:02 PM

TROUBLE, since long before the song, for the last 14 years. My truck is my avatar and I work for me, Cody Express, it's on the bunk about 5 feet long and just CODY in 12" letters on the whale-tail, with a stepdeck attached. Yell if you see me.

Bisquit 03-19-2005 03:30 PM

Currently driving for Environmental Evolutions out of Corpus Christi, TX. Truck is a 98 Freightliner fld flattop (white with green lettering). I pull roll off, flatbed,end-dump,van etc..... On the CB I'm known as Boxcar. I'll be rolling towards Sulpher, La tomorrow for a Monday delivery and will head back Monday. If your in the area give me a shout..........Don

FlyByWire 03-19-2005 03:51 PM

<----------------- FlyByWire, or FBW

long_hauler2005 03-19-2005 11:45 PM

No Handle yet 'less I go by an old nic shared by my dad and I, DERB

I will be driving for Werner unless something drastic happens and I get a rather large inheritence and I end up "driving" a long aluminum tube in the sky. :lol:

If you are near Jax FL give me a shout and I will buy you a cup of Coffee

Bounce847 03-20-2005 06:38 PM

Ladies

HEY THERE Roses, love your avatar! You know me, and you know what my handle will be!-- BOUNCE!-- because I will be BOUNCING from one city to another, all across the country and beyond! :D :D :D :D :D

rustybucket 03-20-2005 11:39 PM

Mine is Rusty Bucket. I running a slow ass tin can for USA truck. Shure would be nice to have a ride that does the speed limits and not get runn'ed over. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: