Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Ladies .... and Men ~ ~ ~ What's Your Handle? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/7428-ladies-men-%7E-%7E-%7E-whats-your-handle.html)

tinyhiny 11-22-2005 06:15 AM

Boy, I made a deal with the :twisted: devil :twisted: that day, folks! But... a promise is a promise, so my handle has always been and will forever be "Tiny Hiny".

I start training with Schnieder on 11/28 in PA. I'll be teaming with my husband for Schnieder after that - not sure for what account yet though. I'll let you know when we get all that straightened out 4roses.

Oh, my husband's handle is "Bullseye".

cutekiwi 11-22-2005 07:49 AM

Well, my handle is Caco, pronounced cay-co

Got it about 5 years ago, from a BB, and its kinda stuck
Its a shortened form of my actual name.

But if I ever hear any of you guys on the CB i will start to get REAL worried!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

highroller 11-22-2005 01:55 PM

Hey Lady_hpm, are you from the Ham Ont Canada?? If so tell me more about the driving school you went to, I havn't heard of that one? :D I probably will be going to KRTS in Caledonia. I grew up in Hamilton as well, and went to Delta SS.

uglymutt 11-30-2005 01:47 AM

Wow they still use handles on the CB, for several hundred years I have always been known on the Air, CB channel 32 where I lived and my nick is " Bad Dog " now their is another bad dog in Spokane washington but I told him several times I had it 20 years before he did and he still goes by that name. I am the one and only original by that name and it all started in North Idaho Channel 32 in the panhandle....you can even ask the girl that gave me that name and for what reason, i am not going to say here.....

Also during skip condition in DX Land you would hear me hollar

"CQ CQ CQ DX this is the 689 North Idaho Station QSL Standy By"

Windwalker 12-02-2005 05:42 PM

I really didn't have any handle at all for a lot of years. Spent a lot of time in Canada, actually in Montreal, which was not the best place to be if you don't speak French. At one point, when I was going to be waiting about six hours to get loaded, I went looking for a restaurant. A woman standing outside a door, smoking a cigarette, called to me. "hey, WINDWALKER" And that's what it's been ever since. Don't do Canada anymore, not since U S Customs went into MAX OVERDRIVE at the boarder. Last straw was when they asked me if I had ever been arrested. So what if I have? What are they going to do with me? Deport me back to my own country? That's where I was going anyhow.

For the time being, I'm pulling J & R Schugel flatbeds, but I think I'll be switching soon. Going to a better percentage... Bigger slice of the pie.

LoneWolf46 12-07-2005 02:07 AM

CB Handle

:P

My handle is LoneWolf46. It is an oxymoron as wolves are considered to be in packs; but I am just a "lone" - wolf (work by myself).

Work 4 J.B. Hunt..........

Enjoy my job even though as a female lately I have received several "negative" comments over the CB in regards to "the J.B. Hunt" driver "gang-banging" the truckers behind her at the Lodi, OH Pilot fuel center. Believe me, I do not "gang-bang" and maybe some drivers think it is funny and/or want to scare someone; I wish they would think about how they would like it if someone tried that on their wife/mother/sister or someone they cared about. I have three beautiful, adult daughters attending college and a severely, emotionally disabled son (lives by himself) and my husband passed away from Pancreatic Cancer in 2003 (he was a Vietnam Veteran). For the most part I ignored the comments; but when I even just stop to go to the Rest Areas to use the restrooms, lately I have been hollered at by other guy truck drivers asking me to have coffee with them.

Anyway, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not the type of woman truck driver that goes around flaunting herself and just hope that one of these days I will get some respect even if I am just fueling at a Pilot Center or wherever.

Happy Holidays to everyone here and to your loved ones.

Warm regards,

LoneWolf46 8)

yoopr 12-07-2005 02:33 AM

those Idiots who spout off like that are just showing how insecure they are with their own driving and how long they've been driving-screw em

4roses 12-07-2005 04:21 AM

LoneWolf .... Welcome to CAD .... after reading your post here .... I could feel your frustration - as a female myself ... I've had the same comments .. and to think ... after 13 yrs ... there still happening .... :evil: ..........
Quote:

just hope that one of these days I will get some respect

sad that there is and will always be those insecure boys .. just as Yooper said ... You don't realize it yet ... but you DO have their respect, that's why their afraid that you'll do a better job than them .... remember the little boys in grade school that always wanted to bully others around ... :?: ....... well we now know - basically Why they were that way ... Just look at these idiots as the same little boys in school ... and the office they work for is the Principals office ... report them :!:

Yooper:

Quote:

those Idiots who spout off like that are just showing how insecure they are with their own driving and how long they've been driving-screw em

I made it a habit to just turn my CB off when I was getting close to a truck stop, and not turn it back on until I was back on the road .... these little boys are chickens .... that's why they hide behind the radio .. they don't have the b@%%s to do it to your face ...

just an idea ... if the mood strikes you just right ... keep a pad and pen handy ... truck #, location, company name and call them in and report them ..... at least you'll know someone from their office heard your complaint ..........

4roses

Nutpicker 12-25-2005 01:07 AM

LoneWolf I really can understand. I drove for Silvey Refrigerated for almost 10 years. We were the ones they picked on the most before JB.
I would of hoped that some of these people would of grown up by now, but I guess not. I also turned CB off going into any truckstop. There were a lot of truckstops I would not go to --Hubbard Ohio Truckworld because I didn't want to be hasseled. I always stayed to myself, didn't party, etc. I've really sorry to hear you're having trouble even now.
My handle is Nutpicker I used to hang out with the nuts (crazy :!: )of the group. You just hang in there, it's worth it.

Xaat Xuun 01-12-2006 08:28 AM

Phew !! :) them's a lot of pages .
well I am not a trucker yet, but plan to be soon, when I was a kid my handle on the CB was LiL Cheetah, but haven't use that since, now 30+ years later, I have been called many names. Was dubbed Blue Eye Chief while at a Pow Wow (yes I am indian, but my skin tone and hair fools PPL),
but of lately (past few years) I have been using the name Xaat Xuun on the World Wide Web. Xaat Xuun = Rotten Soup, I may leave it as Xaat Xuun, or wait till one has been given to me, Just a lil more then a week till CDL test.
So as CB handles goes . . really do not have one at the moment.